GPS in Yokosuka Japan does not work.
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in Japan for a short period of time, I'm using a rental cell phone provided by my employer but would like to use the GPS on my Samsung NOTE 3 to track my runs and location for getting around  (Free WiFi access everywhere for data)

Why is my GPS not working?   Dev sites suggest a fix associated with rooting the phone.  Don't want to do this since I am not interested in voiding warranty.

Thanks for your assistance.

Richard

0 Likes
Re: GPS in Yokosuka Japan does not work.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, Japan! I'd like to visit  there one day. Have you turned on the wifi? Does your phone show that you're conected? Have you turned off mobile data, so wifi can only be used?

VanetrisC

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hartzchartz

I am in Yokosuka and am using my GPS with my Samsung Galaxy 5s. I have an international data package with Verizon and have: wifi -on; location-on; and most important, Mobile data - on.

However I can't figure out how to connect to the NEX wifi on the naval base. The instructions don't seem to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you enjoy your time while traveling, Hartzchartz. Which GPS application are you trying to use or is it the default application? Does your Wi-Fi or cellular data work for other applications? Have you tried to un-register the Wi-Fi network for the naval base and register it with an updated password?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes