GPS issues-Note 3 After KitKat Upgrade
gstull
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone else having GPS issues. Besides all the other issues I'm seeing here, the GPS takes a long time to lock on outdoors, and wont lock on indoors sitting near a window. I use to be able to go on google maps from inside my house, now there's no GPS connection.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GPS issues-Note 3 After KitKat Upgrade
phxkrausehouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not having that issue. On a side note the bug in maps seems to be fixed. I factory data reset my phone last week in anticipation of this update, as well as I was having a couple issues. My suggestion would be to back up to kies or odin and reset. I know it sucks but could help immensely. If you don't want to reset you can try to wipe cache partition. Pull your battery and leave it out for 10 seconds. Replace battery, hold volume up, home, and power button until Samsung screen appears. You will get blue writing in the left corner. When the menu pulls up volume down till wipe cache partition is highlighted. Power button for select. Then power button again for reboot.

If that doesn't work reset should work. If not call Verizon and ask for tier 2 tech support. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

phxkrausehouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not having that issue. On a side note the bug in maps seems to be fixed. I factory data reset my phone last week in anticipation of this update, as well as I was having a couple issues. My suggestion would be to back up to kies or odin and reset. I know it sucks but could help immensely. If you don't want to reset you can try to wipe cache partition. Pull your battery and leave it out for 10 seconds. Replace battery, hold volume up, home, and power button until Samsung screen appears. You will get blue writing in the left corner. When the menu pulls up volume down till wipe cache partition is highlighted. Power button for select. Then power button again for reboot.

If that doesn't work reset should work. If not call Verizon and ask for tier 2 tech support. Hope this helps

ET4L1fe

I'm having the same issue. I'll probably try what the other guy posted.

0 Likes