GPS issues
N_Jones

I have started having issues with the GPS on my Note II. I have tried everything power cycle the phone, switching between different settings location service settings and still it may report that I am miles from where I actually am. This morning it keeps moving between a location south east and north west of Dallas when I am really about 20 miles from there in North Fort Worth.... And really I shouldn't have to be connected to a wifi network for GPS to work ...that kind of defeats the purpose....... Any body got any ideas as to what may be happening. It seems to only have started in the last week or so.......

Noel

0 Likes
Re: GPS issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@N_Jones,

Let's get your phone acting right so it displays the correct location on the GPS! I totally understand that WiFi may not always be available so it needs to work correctly when connected to the phone's data.

Let's check the setting to make sure they are set up correctly. Go to Settings -> Location services -> Please make sure below options are checked:

1) VZW location services
2) Standalone GPS services
3) Google location services.

Then go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> Location Settings and turn ON 'Let Google apps access your location' option.

Once complete, remove the SIM card for a minute, insert and retest. Keep me posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
N_Jones

Well it's at it again this morning. I had done all of that and it just started working on it's own the next afternoon. But since then I have still had troubles mostly with the weather app...... I finally did a factory reset last night and it seem to be working but it hasn't updated since I left my wifi...... completely ridiculous..... one shouldn't have to do a factory reset and pull the simcard..... the thing should just work... and on top of that it took you two days to post a response......

Noel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sad to hear you are still having these problems N_Jones! I am here to help find a resolution. Are you having any other problems with your device? It appears the problem may be with the sim card directly.  I would recommend visiting our local store and trying a new sim card. There is not a cost for one. Here is our store locator http://bit.ly/3SdsA Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
N_Jones

It seems to be functioning normally today if I have any more issues I will take the phone to a Verizon store.... Works most days just frustrating when it doesn't.....

Noel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to hear it's working better now Noel!  Please let us know if the problem returns.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
lnx029
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

My Galaxy Note 3 does the something similar. Any app that requires location services states the phone is at a location 63 miles North-Northeast of its true location. It eventually finds the correct location. Multiple phone calls to Verizon over the past six weeks did nothing to resolve the problem. They have me pull and re-insert the SIM card, force stop apps, check software and app versions and verify the location services settings. They replaced the first Note 3 with a Like-New warranty replacement. Not only did that fail to resolve the problem, it wasted my time re-installing and re-configuring apps. They tell me that the new Android OS update KitKat is being released in a few days (or in six weeks) with the hope the update will address the problem. They had me replace the SIM card. They write a ticket for issue resolution with the promise that it will be taken beyond second-level support, and the expected phone call never rings. They connect me to Samsung, who in turn promises me a return phone call that never rings. Each time I call, they want me to repeat the entire saga and steps, like the previous phone calls never happened.

Verizon, if settings, resets and replacements aren't fixing the problem, are you hoping that I'll just shut up, live with it and go away? I'm paying full price, so please deliver full service.

0 Likes