Re: Galaxy Note 2 Mobile hotspot/4g uncompatibility?
mel41

So you wrote in January and it's now late May and it appears that Verizon still hasn't resolved the problem.  Why?

I used my Droid X as a hotspot with no trouble at all.  This month I went on a cross-country drive, confident that I could do the same with my Galaxy Note 2.  Instead, I was able to connect only once using my Toshiba tablet, but not at all with my Toshiba laptop or my husband's Mac laptop.  Now back at home, the tablet connects but still no luck with either laptop.  I've tried changing security settings and changing the channel.  Nothing helps.

Verizon should either solve this problem or reduce the monthly plan charge since the hotspot is figured into it but is, at present, virtually useless.

0 Likes
androidpac12

hello Calena i have perfect guide for you that will help you try this its simple and it worked for me .. http://howik.com/Turn_your_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_II,_s3_or_s4_into_a_wifi_hotspot_to_share_internet_wi...

0 Likes
Virtuous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is too lazy to do anything about this problem. I had the same problem with 2 Verizon Galaxy Nexus handsets.

0 Likes
Virtuous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your guide doesn't speak directly to the problem at all.

0 Likes
Virtuous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no action. How about that great customer service!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great customer service is right here, Virtuous. There was a software released for the Note 2 back in May that resolved many customer troubles with the hotspot. If you're still having trouble, please let us know what version you have by going to Settings > About phone > View the Build number. Please also share a few details about your specific experience, including any error messages and what type of device you're connecting to.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes