Galaxy Note 3 Charger Issues
scooterfiveo

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 updated to KitKat and now my original charger is the only charger that does not work. Worked great before the update now I leave the charger on for hours with little charging and a message that reads "For faster charging, please connect original charger". Again, this was not an issue before the forced update. Are they going to fix this issue? Will they give me a replacement charger free of charge since it their fault?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 3 Charger Issues
DJChelan

I think we should start a Class Action, my broke again today. GRRRRR

0 Likes
Not applicable

No class actions allowed per US Supreme Court.

But go and bring one to the device maker who is not protected under that decision.

Good Luck

0 Likes
dimps81

I am having the exact same issue. Is there a solution for this yet?

0 Likes
Goodcustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Galaxy Note # is known worldwide to have the charging issue. Verizon had the 3.o charge cables on back order for months. Why? because they told customers that the cord was the problem. It wasn't and isn't. It is a defect in the phone. Often Verizon flips you over to Assurion, the insurance company, and they inherit the problem. I just received a replacement Note 3 and it doesnt charge right out of the box!

Bottom line is: Verizon knowingly sold customers pieces of toilet paper called Note 3. They are still doing it! Rather than send them back to Samsung, they choose to sell them off to unknowing customers. It is DISGUSTING! Google Note 3 charging problems and then ask yourself if you would sell such a phone to your customers ..if you cared about them.

Solution: Get Verizon to take back the Note 3 toilet paper and give you any other phone they sell. This is the ONLY FIX acceptable.

mms_623

I am having the same issue. I have had the phone over a year now. It happened the first time in September, but after a few days the problem went away. It took forever to charge, but it did eventually charge. Now almost 2 months later,  it is happening again with same message (use original charger) but it never charges past 12%. I have noticed since the first time I had problem that even though it charged, battery seemed to run down faster.

0 Likes
pov2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue ... I believe it is the charger that is not working correctly.Bad design and/or defective product. I took it to Verizon wireless store and they gave me new one, and after a week or two, the same problem occurred. It is suggesting to use the original charger,  and even this doesn't solve the problem.  The manager in the store said, it's the charger because so many people complaining and having same issue.  what is the solution for verizonwireless?

0 Likes
pov2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will go back into the verizon store again this week to have them replace the charger.   

0 Likes
pov2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like the phone but I hate the charger ... people why don't we just go get a new charger every time broke so hopefully the verizon will pay attention to this matter.  Anyone heard of a solution by Verizonwireless yet?

karpecorgi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Second phone same thing.  Even bought new OEM charger. I hate the charging love the phone.  This is maddening!!!!

0 Likes