Re: Galaxy Note 3 GPS issue & Verizon service issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to fully enjoy all the capabilities on your Note 3 excelon! Where are you currently located? Have you tested the GPS function in other areas? Each device is designed equally in terms of signal strength and reception; however, each may respond differently in a specific location.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
oztiks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Note 3 owner here as well. Paid $700 for my phone. Constant gps issues along with 4g issues. Verizon support are a pathetic joke. I'm sure they'll continue to post on here and suggest their non-existent resolution path of twitter.

CountriGal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok... needing help.  I loved my Note 3 up until a little over a month ago.  Not exactly sure when the problem actually started, but I know that by mid-May I was not giving the phone the "benefit of the doubt" as to the reason I no longer had cell reception or signal strength in locations that I had previously, with the same phone.  Evidently, there was a kernel update done on April 28, 2014, and then a software update done on May 16, 2014.  (update_SM-N900V_MJE_to_NC4 for software and Kernel version 3.4.0).  My Android version is 4.4.2.

I want what I had prior to one of those updates, either the April or May update.  Since one of them, or the combination, evidently caused my cell reception and internet connection to drop abysmally in so many locations that I never had problems before.  Even at my desk, where I use a booster to get signal strength, this same phone would receive calls and work, and I noticed that by mid-May, it no longer did when I missed an important call from my son's school.  In addition to a loss of signal strength, an HUGE increase in the number of dropped calls, and the lack of internet anywhere, I have noticed there is a delay in notifying me of any voicemails and a delay in receipt of text messages (more hit and miss on them).

Please, can someone help me undo whatever was done that made my great phone into a worthless brick for 90% of my day????

Signed,

a very frustrated user

0 Likes
jnettispagetti
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG I am having the same problem.  Ever since the last update I have no service where I normally would and my GPS is horrible.  I just leave it off now.  Hoping that they fix it because I live off of my Note 3.  Hope you are not located where I am.  I'm in Silsbee Texas.  We don't have a house phone as we've never had trouble with reception.  Now though I got stuck on the side of the road this am and had to find the local business to get a land line to call a coworker to come pick me up.  Ridiculous that I am paying so much for this phone AFTER having purchased the thing for such a high cost and it's not allowing me the use that I need on a regular daily basis.  Would be one thing if I lived in the woods but I live right near town.  There are multiple cell towers in the area.. Just don't get it.

0 Likes
marinecat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok I too had the  problem with my s3 and now with my note 3 and what I found was that the tiny screws visible in the back of phone that hold the phone together needed to be tightened down some well I haven't tried it on my phone yet but I am as soon as I can get a tiny screw driver ill post the results

0 Likes
marinecat
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have received a YouTube video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDZ1JjkCr0

jnettispagetti
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this... No help.  Still saying I'm well away from where I am.  Just really stinks when I am trying to track my walking mainly.  But that's for trying to help me out with my GPS issue on my note 3.  My main issue is still my signal strength.  Hoping Verizon finds a fix for this last update that screwed up my phone.

0 Likes
marinecat
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have received a YouTube video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y6k5t1f7Qk

My next attempt to fix my problem

0 Likes
marinecat
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have received a YouTube video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8RKSKGhSpI

This one just puts a foil in the phone case could seem possible through reactance

But the previous post seems like they are hooking up to an antenna port and there is a variety of post showing that on utube ill keep you updated im having same problem but im going fix this.. samsung denies anything is wrong with there phone I called

0 Likes
TechGeekgirl

of course my screen cracked two weeks after I got the phone!! but about a month ago my GPS stopped working... now of COURSE I am getting the WHOLE run around about cracked screen, voids the warranty.. blah blah blah... I guess I'll have to leave verizion!! This is SO RIDICULOUS!! Why can;t it just be simple, instead of people offering you insurance blah blah blah ... STILL no gps... I am going phone shopping today!  and IT WONT BE AT VERIZON!!

0 Likes