Galaxy Note 3 Reception Embarrassment
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having been a Verizon customer since it was Bell Atlantic and up to now rubbing it in when friends on other networks had dropped calls and poor reception I now am the butt of jokes. I think i paid the most I've ever paid for a phone plus the galaxy gear and I can't even use my cell in my own house. I never had reception issues in my home or most places on any prior cellphone but now I'm thankful I still have a land line otherwise I would not be able to talk to anyone from my home. When is Verizon going to fix this? Because right now it seems from all the threads on this issue Verizon thinks this level or rather nonexistent service is acceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 3 Reception Embarrassment
Riotfunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had similar issues with my note 2. Verizon said it was a hardware issue, so I had to buy a new phone outright to keep data. Bought a note 3. Terrible data and call coverage and strength. Wifes iphone 5 is 4 times faster per speedtest. Wanted to keep my unlimited data plan so had to buy note 3 outright. Talked to a tech rep a few days ago who told me its an issue with android 4.4.2 and verizons network, a known issue. Meaning verizon is aware and are ignoring it. Told me that the update is supposed to be released end of September, Octoberish. knowing verizon that means Q1 2015. I tried new Sim. Didnt help, master reset same. Drop all the time. So Ive spent 700 plus bucks on a phone that has piss poor service in the middle of a 4g area and even at the store where Im standing next to the repeater. WTF I want a new phone, not a refurb.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you Tried pulling the Sim Card out for 10 min. then reinstalling it or replacing it that might help with your reception and you might try asking them in customer service to check your PRL as it may need to be updated..

0 Likes
Riotfunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesnt make a difference PRL doesnt update. PRL 15319

0 Likes
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have not tried anything yet. I'm just now finding I'm not the only one with this problem. It didn't even start when I got my note 3. It started sometime after causing me to think it was some sort of downgrade to Verizons network. I submitted a question about that and got no response.  I've been a loyal customer for more than 22 years. Verizons silence on my questions is sinking in as to whether my loyalty is misplaced.

0 Likes
Riotfunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a known issue between kit kat and Verizon software. Verizon just won't do anything about it. I paid big money for a phone with crappy service and coverage. They won't do anything about it.

0 Likes
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's crazy. This issue is seriously undermining all the money Verizon seems to have invested in its messaging about being the most reliable. As far as I'm concerned this may end my decades long relationship with Verizon. I've had to alert all my friends and family who are accustomed to calling my cell not to if I am home and to just go ahead and call my home number since my Verizon service does not work. I never know when my sister has tried to call because my phone doesn't even ring in my house.

0 Likes
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've read through a lot of the Verizon responses to similar complaints. Unbelievable. The responses seem automated and seem to have little connection to reality. Interestingly the responses stop when individuals have detailed the fact they've already done everything from replacing Sim card, resetting and even swapping phones several times. I wonder how many customers Verizon is losing over this. The issue for me is not just the fact I am paying for a "phone" that's useless as a phone but it seems Verizon is doing nothing about it except sending people down a rabbit hole.

0 Likes