Re: Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
mac_carter

Excellent comment. I was thinking the same thing. The funny thing is I never got ANY reply to my post. I was thinking how many people are going to keep listening to the same comments from Verizon over and over and over. I was going to get up on my soap box, but it would be just a waste of time.

Mac

0 Likes
mac_carter

I was also thinking that maybe it is like the Ryan Block and Comcast audio clip making the news. (Google it) They just keep telling us how sorry they are and to do the same thing until our contract runs out or it is time for a new phone…..lol

Mac

0 Likes
itechteam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have called tech support twice, both times they told me they would call me back that day with options. No one called back. Yesterday the tech said there was a master ticket open on this problem, but nothing had been done on it. They know about it, but I think right now don't have an answer. The master ticket number on this problem is (Removed). I say we all don't pay our bills until they fix it or give us an acceptable option.

Ticket number removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
rushmore69
Enthusiast - Level 3

These are mainly auto-bot replies and the SAME responses on other threads.  People are wasting their time, since there is no progression of the VZE replies.  The same responses in spite of the obvious issue of a bad update that killed the value of the Note 3.

Verizon should simple acknowledge the problem and give an estimate when it will be fixed instead of patronizing their customers.

0 Likes
carlosramos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to love this phone!!!!  but now its so horrible I hardly ever get 4G service. It jumps in and out of service

0 Likes
bshull

Out of curiosity, what is the baseband version you are running on your phone?  You can find it under the "about phone" menu just below the android version.

0 Likes
itechteam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so I went to verizon store, it has to be a corporate store and had them get me a replacement. Replacement just came and at this time seems to have fixed the problem, I can make and receive calls from a location I could not before. I will update as I go.

babylon78

I pretty much signed up for the verizon community to put in my voice as well regarding the GSN3

Like all others on this forum, when I first got the phone, my signal was ok, then, it significantly dropped in my area after the KitKat update. My wife has an iPhone 5c, and though her signal dropped as well in our area, for whatever reason, she is still able to make calls.

My phone, as others reported, while sitting in the same exact spot can fluctuate between no signal at all, and 3 bars. I takes me about 5 minutes of hitting the retry button to be able to send a text message.

Phone calls, forget about it, I don't receive them, I sometimes get a missed call notification. It's absolutely horrible.

I love the Note 3, but, it works as everything, but a phone. I wish I had signed up for errr.. was it Verizon Edge? which allows for early upgrades, not that I'd want to pay Verizon even more money for non-working stuff ? I hate to be locked down to crappy service for 2 years. for a $700 it sure is proving to be worth 25cents!

I have tried replacing my SIM card, doing a hard reset, changing to LTE, and allowing Roaming as someone suggested. Nothing worked.

Zip code: 91708

0 Likes
itechteam
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you get a replacement phone it should fix it. I got a new replacement monday, and now the phone works just like it did before the upgrade. get with verizon and have them send you a replacement.

0 Likes
babylon78

Thanks itechteam,

I may end up having to do that. though I'm not looking forward to having to re-customize everything ... (again) . Also, you seem to be the only one that has turned in the phone for a replacement, and got better results. All others are reporting the same problem. Can anyone else on the forum confirm that obtaining a replacement actually resolves the problem?

0 Likes