Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
disaac_24

90% of the time I DO NOT have 4G lte even though I live in an area with dense 4G coverage.  Which is ridiculous considering the fact that this phone is  supposed to be top of the line.  I have tried everything from a new sim card, a new phone and doing factory resets on the phones. I set it next to my wife's iPhone and she has full 4G and I will have no service at all.  This is obviously a problem with the note 3 because every person I know with a note 3 has the same issue. I am beyond frustrated and contacted t mobile about switching over today.

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy Note 3 horrible reception
Scythe0925

Same here, wife has S4 with full bars where i get nothing. In school, other verizon users get 4g, i don't even get cell coverage (dropped/missed calls)

but if i step outside, I am fine (after a few min)

MyNote3Problems

To call the reception horrible would imply there was some reception. Mostly I see, no mobile network. That's non existent reception

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's look further into this Scythe0925! Did this begin after anything specific happened? Try powering the phone off and removing/inserting the sim here http://vz.to/1l2WBv1 test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tschauman

I have the exact same issue as  Scythe0925, my wife has a Iphone 4 and gets perfect reception, mean while i have to search around the house to find 1 sliver of a bar to maybe get a text out or a phone call, my old iphone before updating had not issues with reception what so ever in the same house ect... I have tried to powering down and removing sims card and seems to be no change at all.  1 second 4 g will flash up then like a light switch NO reception, then flickers to 1 little sliver of reception 1x and then nothing.. this happens sitting in the exact same spot in a matter of mins.  But the majority of the time it has zero reception and is very frustrating when you pay $600 for a phone and cant even use it....  I need something to change because I pay a lot of money to you guys a month for this phone and am getting a 1/4 of my service in which I pay for, I miss important work phone calls, emergency calls etc.... its not reliable what so ever and this has been a on going issue with a lot of Samsung Note 3 users since release day!

Scythe0925

Tried all of that, No change. Last night we were in walmart, I had nothing, she has full 4g. We get in the car, head across the street. I get 3g, she still is at 4g. 3-5 min later, I get 4g back.

Sitting in class today. Iphone 5s on Verizon, full signal.

Me, no signal at all (including cellular).

Scythe0925

i get this alot, the 1x connection....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's explore options to resolve this reception issue MyNote3Problems! What is your ZIP code? Do you have reception issues in a particular location (home/office/school)?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
tschauman

59425.  in my house this phone is terrible, my old phone and wifes phone are solid reception.  otherwise anytime I go in a building of any sort it is hit or miss on reception.  this phone spends alot of time in 1x recp when every phone around me is in 4g

MyNote3Problems

I've been through that over and over Antonio.... noting you can do will fix the Note 3.

I have given up and will switch phones as soon as your support team can make it happen.