Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

True, but it doesn't make much sense for Samsung to start working on 6.0 builds if they haven't finished all 5.1.1 builds for the Note 4. I do think Verizon has received it and has probably sent it back at least once if not a few times for further revisions.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

T-Mobile said forget it and waiting for the 6.0 build from Samsung.  At this point it makes sense not to waste resources.

0 Likes
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

I haven't heard anything about t-mobile not releasing 5.1.1 forum the Note 4 and just going to 6.0, but I understand why if they do end up going that route, I would just hope Note 4 users get an update then before March or April of next year for Marshmallow. Same with Verizon, if you're going to pass up 5.1.1, hopefully a 6.0 update rolls out around early January then!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Go to their forums. They upgrade process specifically shows 6.0 and not 5.1.1. Also their customers who purchased it have been hounding for the 5.1.1 and also the security updates for the past 2 months or so. More so especially since stage fright.

0 Likes
UmX
Enthusiast - Level 3

so glad in a week or so i can give verizon the middle finger,...bc ill be out

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would actually be okay if Verizon went straight to 6.0 Marshmallow if they were one of the first carriers to release it (meaning January time frame). My concern is they've started working on 6.0 and it will be next August before we get it.

T-Mobile has one variant on 5.1.1 (the T3), so some people are attempting exchanges/returns in order to get that variant. Sprint and AT&T of course have had it for quite some time.

Lots of rumors going around that 5.1.1 will be pushed by the end of the month, but I think that's purely speculation at this point.

0 Likes
UmX
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got my invite for google FI. phone ships out on the 20th Newxus 6p with 6.0 win win .. and bye bye shitzeron

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

99% of users are not on the T3 variant. You could do 100 exchanges and not guaranteed to get one. It still means it is not out officially. There are people on T-Mobile forums who have done 5+ exchanges and still have not gotten a T3.  Even their own update pages showed the N4 didn't get 5.1.1 and then when 6.0 was official T-Mobile updated that page saying it will get 6.0.

0 Likes
inntheboat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, Tidbits, but there is no way for you to know what percentage of users have the T3. Fact is, T-Mobile has a Note 4 on 5.1.1.

To your second comment, I appreciate you pointing out the other issue with Verizon. At least T-Mobile informs their customers about their upgrade plans! I have no idea if I'm going to get 5.1.1, let alone 6.0.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If there were so many out there there wouldn't be people trying to get the mystical T3 and continuing to fail getting them. Why don't to switch to T-Mobile and see if you get a T3. Go to every T-Mobile store in your state and see if you find 1. People are already doing this. People have done exchanges multiple times. It's scarcely hard to get. State of Hawaii every store has no T3 in stock and I even went to 3rd party like best buy TCA and the like. Also roughly about 12 stores in LA for the 3 days I was there. Yes I do have a Note 4 there. Like I said even if the T3 has it doesn't mean it is official out.

0 Likes