Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then there was at least two months between the Sprint update and the AT&T update. I call that a fail on Samsung's part. If Samsung was working on all the update at the same time, wouldn't the logical deduction be similar updates be issued about the same time? As it doesn't appear to be the case, Samsung must have something to do with the delays everyone seems to blame Verizon Wireless for. Perhaps you should direct your questions and frustration towards Samsung.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gnc1956
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just adding my 2-cents of frustration with Verizon...

We pay a Premium Price for a reason - Better Customer Service - Better Network - Better Phones

...and that is just NOT THE CASE - anymore!  Verizon has gone DOWN HILL...and FAST!

So after "20-years" of being a loyal customer, this is the straw that has broke me!
$240/month for 3-phone3 and to be treated like second-class citizen - ENOUGH! Time to move on...

Latest survey has T-mobile as the BEST provider among a host of categories with

Verizon 2nd and AT&T 3rd.  But I would rather be 3rd and get better customer service

(AT&T ranked higher than Verizon & T-Mobile Customer Service) than to remain

hostage to a phone provider that is not listening to what their customers are saying.

That stage has been set and the marriage is about to end Verizon. How to you spell

happiness? D-I-V-O-R-C-E Thanks for the memories...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gnc1956, let’s mend this marriage and look forward to future memories. We are here for you. What happened? How can we assist?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ghnote
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really? That's what you got from this? How can we assist? Unbelievable!

0 Likes
gnc1956
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you ghnote! At least someone understands!

VZW is "Clueless"!

gnc1956
Enthusiast - Level 3

What happened?
VZW consistently drops the ball when it comes to software updates from manufacturers!
Many other companies have released Google's latest Android Software Update Lollipop 5.1.1

for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - BUT NOT VERIZON!

I don't like being last, and I don;t understand what you don't understand or having to explain myself.

I thought VZW customer service reps were suppose to understand the needs of their customers.

Since you just don't get it (in plain English - "understand the issue") in this thread, then don't waste your time trying

to answer questions or solve a problem when you cannot comprehend the problem!
I am certain other wireless providers understand because they have provided updates to customers smartphones shortly after they get the update from manufactures. VZW drags it's feet.  Maybe they need to hire more programmers and less customer service reps that try to cover-up the inefficiencies at the company.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gnc1956, we understand fully of your concerns. We want nothing more then to provide updates in a timely manner. I can assure you that updates go through thorough testing prior to being released by both Verizon and Samsung. We urge you to get the latest information from this link: http://vz.to/1EH0Qtf

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ricklax99
Enthusiast - Level 2

if this "I can assure you that updates go through thorough testing prior to being released by both Verizon and Samsung" is the case then way is my phone basically a hockey puck with 5.0.1. Someone didn't do there job and if I don't do my job guess what happens. Can I assume that Verizon is going to be issuing a credit for an under preforming product. I know I am just being silly

RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

Us too! Closing account this afternoon. Been with Verizon for over 10 years but this lack of support for the Note 4 has broken the camels back.

emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Note 4 Users,

I'd like to let you all know that after spending 1.5 hours on the phone with technical support and having spoken to the manager in the department I was on the phone with, this is what I was told:

1.     There is no name, department or phone number that they could provide me with to escalate my complaint to

2.     That no VZW rep should have ever indicated that we should expect Android 5.1.1

3.     That even though the Samsung website indicates that all Note 4 users should be operating on 5.1.1 by the end of           the year, chances are that VZW users would not be

4.     That more than likely, VZW will be 'leap-frogging' 5.1.1 and releasing Android M (6.0) in the first quarter of next         year, but there is no indication or guarantee that Note 4 users would be within the group to receive Android M in         that specified time frame if at all.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but based on the information it took me 1.5 hours on the phone to get, I'd jump ship and leave VZW as soon as possible.  I'd be gone if I could afford the $230 it would take to break my contract and I had an extra $600 lying around to get the Nexus. My Google FI invite is just waiting for me to sign and buy the handset.

I hope this information is helpful to those of you out there trying to decide what to do with your relationship with VZW as it is painfully clear to me now, after having been told for the last 5 months that 5.1.1 is 'coming next month', that VZW neither has the decency to be clear with their customers, nor do they have the decency to hold true to what they are telling their customers and lastly have, in my estimation, fallen to the lowest depths possible of the customer service pool.

If in fact VZW was at the top of the cellular game as they claim to be in providing customer service, coverage and care, we should be truly skeptical when lesser carriers such as Sprint and AT&T have both released 5.1.1 to their Note 4 users.

Best to all of you this holiday season and happy trails in choosing a new carrier!