Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Csbrooks0721

You do realize that you don't have to restore the data from your google account when you sync it with your account? I'm not an idiot! If Verizon would actually help us with the issue and give us the freaking update then we wouldn't be having these issues!!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

There is no issue if you did what you were supposed to. My device works fine.

Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Then you got very lucky. My phone could last three days with moderate usage on KitKat, then Lollipop came. I can't even use my phone at all without it dropping literally 1% every 2-3 minutes of screen time. I did three factory resets (no redownloaded apps for the first week each time), and I even got Verizon to send me a new battery. I did get slightly better battery life, but now the second battery is shot as well. Another family member got a Note 4 in August. Now, this is their first Android device, so no "apps causing the issue." Right after we bought this phone it was having problems. Its battery lasted much longer than mine, but that advantage has disappeared over these few months, and it can barely last a day with minimal use. Even when the battery was at its best, it was nowhere near three days, like KitKat. Tell me, how is it a brand new Note 4 on Lollipop had battery issues OOTB? Because it seems only people who do something wrong get battery issues. I guess buying this phone from Verizon is what we did wrong.

0 Likes
Kev1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's lollipop 5.0.1 come on verizon please update 5.1.1

0 Likes
Zx1truth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why can't Verizon give us a straight answer on where they are at or what they are doing as far as the 5.1.1 or 6.0 upgrade. Answer us Verizon! I'll even say PLEASE!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon can't give you an answer to something they don't know.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Zx1truth
Enthusiast - Level 2

If they have no clue at this point and Sprint rolled it out then Verizon is stupid! I don't buy it.....they know. This is very poor customer support!!! I like everyone else am going to jump ship. I've been a Verizon for over 15 years and this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They may share similarities but they are not the same device.  Make sure you don't buy another Android device or get a Nexus which if you care about updates that much to move around carriers are your best options.  Nothing has changed the past 6+ years doing it the way you guys are doing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly don’t want to see you leaving our reliable network, leon67. We work hard with all the phone manufacturers as well as Google to get updates to as many Android devices as possible. Are you having trouble with your phone? Please fill me in on how I can help.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

People  would like updates to phones in a timely manner. Seeing other phone carriers  updating the same phone we have and getting better use out of their phones while we sit here waiting for the same update is really crazy. If something does not change in the future you will lose many valuable customers because of this. With everyone starting to catch with you on signal quality it will be only be a time before this company starts losing customers because why have a phone with problems because it is not getting the updates and the fixes from android. I mean sprint has had this update since August and now At&t has had it for a month. And then here is Verizon giving some usual basic response and still not answering the question whether we will get this update or skip this one till the next one or even whether it will be this month or next before we see any update or if we see one this year. For a company just to send out automated responses instead of actually answering those questions is just not something I call support. So if you are you are going to reply with I do not know check this website it will let you know when or if we will, save your time. We have seen that more than enough a website that does not tell you nothing is something I do not wish to see. Now if you can be more precise and actually answer some of these questions with actual answers I think everyone would love to see. But knowing Verizon like I do I expect them to either ignore what I said and still send some same automated response to my rant or two ignore it all together because that is what Verizon does. They think they do not have to tell us in here the real responses we wish to hear in these forums. So lets hear it Verizon Wireless Customer Support have a real response to the questions mentioned above?

0 Likes