Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. Fast battery drain, before update I could go all day without charging,  now I get low battery notifications 2 or more times a day.

2. Bluetooth disconnects and won't reconnect without turning it off then back on.

3. Gyroscope messes up and all apps go sideways, only way to recover is to reboot phone.

4. Wifi shows connected but not able to access network resources, have to reboot to regain wifi functionility.

5. Notification sounds are barely audible even with all volumes at full.

I can keep going...

Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

I would look at the whole subject of this thread.

erydzewski55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely agree. Update or upgrade!

Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

To add:

6. Horrible and laggy performance. Recent Apps can take up to 5 seconds to open, with ONE APP RUNNING.

7. Horribly long reboot times: maybe 3 minutes of the VZ logo.

8. Phone app takes 5 taps to open. Tested on different launchers and different phones.

9. General device lag: lists jitter; web pages die; the Applications section in Settings is a nightmare to use.

10. Overheating. My phone will literally heat up in my pocket to the point I'm afraid it's going to shut itself down.

11. Taking a look in the Battery section in Settings shows 20% and 11% usage from Android System and Android OS respectively. I feel this may point away from the issue being from third-party apps, especially since it hasn't changed after resets.

12. Fingerprint unlock (maybe other methods as well): it can sometimes take three recognized swipes for the phone to unlock. They aren't incorrect, and the phone buzzes, so they are correct, but the lock screen doesn't disappear.

13. Waking the phone up sometimes shows the launcher for a full 3 seconds before the lock screen appears.

14. Lock screen sometimes comes up sideways. Don't even know how that happens.

15. Two batteries have been ruined. First one (came with the phone) can barely last 5 hours on standby. New one (replacement from VZW) can barely last 8-9 hours on full standby.

16. (Might be a driver fault, haven't tested) Terrible computer communication. Any file transfer freezes Explorer and kills connection.

Is the presentation of 16 major issues not enough to expedite this release, Verizon?

Honestly, I don't care if 5.1.1 is still buggy, as Sprint users have reported. We know it fixes many major issues. If there are still battery issues, so what? The placebo effect and t least making it look like you're trying go a long way.

ZombiAndrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, for one,  am tired of being told by VZ that the solution is factory reset AND/or removing apps.

0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset doesn't work and I'm already running barebones apps. Just

email and rdp. I want a phone that works like it's supposed to or me and

my company will be seeking a different carrier.

Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

So I decided to actually try to use my phone today. I unplugged it a little after 8:00 this morning and actually browsed the web, checked my email, went on some social media apps and installed some apps. Doing just this has brought my phone down to 50% less than three hours later. I don't want a phone that can only last 6 hours with barely any usage, when it used to be able to last three days.

0 Likes
Zx1truth
Enthusiast - Level 2

TamaraH_VZW
I don't want to leave......but this bad bad bad customer service is forcing me to. THERE IS NO WAY VERIZON CAN NOT KNOW WHERE THEY ARE ON THIS 5.1.1 or 6.0 PROJECT! Just let us know what is going on!!! I don't want the Note 5 with no SD card slot and replaceable battery.

If you really want to keep us be honest and forthcoming!

0 Likes
chitownman

T-Mobile just got 5.1.1

My phone sucks on 5.0.1....I feel like I'm back in the Droid Bionic day...

Shoot me now.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Ugh. HOPEFULLY we're not too far behind.

0 Likes