Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Dewwick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my note 4 in August. Still can't believe they made the note 5 a downgrade. Smh. No SD card, no swappable battery, no IR remote.  A zerolemon umpti-million ah battery goes on my new device every time I get one. My biggest problems, random shut downs and glitchy Bluetooth music. I think I solved the first one with duct tape on the bottom edge of the battery. The hiccups in my music remain. I have to use a wire or go back to using my galaxy s3 if I want to use Bluetooth.  I wonder if the glitch is by design though. If you hack a Bluetooth receiver could you get access to the "unscrambled" digital signal and make unlocked mp3? I don't know that much about the technical aspects of it, but that has been suggested to me. I have a few other random issues with my device. The hidden buttons fail occasionally, but overall I feel lucky to have as few issues as I do compared to you all. Maybe having bought mine so late, I got some hardware fixes?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zx1truth.

We are heartbroken that you are even thinking of leaving us & never want for you to feel we are not providing you with available information. The software update does come from the manufacturer & then we do rigorous testing with them before we even release it. Please know if we knew when they are releasing this, we would very much provide you with this information. When the software update does become available, it will be pushed to your phone with a notification to perform.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

I must say, you did an amazing "rigorous test" of 5.0 and 5.0.1 on the Note 4 and S5. I mean, look at this whole thread! Everyone is so happy with 5.0.x. Come on Verizon. Either "rigorous testing" is a lie, or you have an incompetent testing team. We don't want testing on an update that fixes many of these issues and we already know that the testing by the carrier does absolutely nothing, since updates have been coming out like this for more than one brand.

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hate to say it, but Verizon doesn't seem all that torn up that people are leaving and switching from Verizon left and right - Verizon is now dead last with the update, and on top of that, we don't even know *if* Verizon will be putting it out. Let me just say that again - dead last. All other networks have released, or have begun the process. How much much more *rigorous* is Verizon's testing compared to everyone else's? (Trick question, it's not).

Verizon crams it down everyone's throat that they are the largest (and most expensive, mind you) - how does the "largest" network, with the most resources, come in last? Answer: Poor customer service, and would rather push people to upgrade rather than support *slightly* older hardware.

Again, Verizon hasn't even said *if* they are even releasing the 5.1.1 - they have users sitting here with poorly functioning hardware, paying the most out of anyway, and have no idea if they will even see a fix. And if people DO want a fix, they have to do it right now in the form of paying for a new phones, or paying to break contract to leave for another network. It's criminal.

Tidbits
Legend

T-Mobile customers would disagree with you. Verizon isn't last. Also a lot of Sprint customers would argue with you about it working right and should have been pushed out. The update made their devices worse.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

I think T-Mobile customers would disagree with you. The normal n910T variant got 5.1.1 today, while the n910T3 has had it for some time. Please provide a forum link to where Sprint customers are complaining about 5.1.1. I just spent a few minutes searching the XDA forums and Google and came up empty. You have also changed your argument. Before, some Sprint customers experienced no improvement. Now, all of them have worse issues?

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

How would Tmobile customers disagree? I'm actually looking at a reddit thread for the note 4, with tmobile customers updating OTA *as we speak*, saying how much better their Note 4 is already. And that's just one location. Are any Verizon Note 4 owners able to do the same thing? No. So we're last. Pretty easy to figure out.

And I'm sure a lot of Sprint customers would argue - we all know this doesn't fix *every* problem, but it's a huge step up, and just as many customers, on any network, would also argue that it did wonders.

Verizon is last, not sure how you'd even attempt to try and argue that.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

People are still complaining about it today.  Go over there. Regardless of what that update page it isn't always accurate the reps there will even tell you the same thing.  It could be a clerical error.

Actually go back...  I DID say they were having problems and I reiterated it again.  Go back up and reread it my argument has not changed at all.  I even provided the link to Sprints forum.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

They're using research and evidence from some time in August, I believe. They've ignored every time I've said the n910T3 (the newer T-Mobile Note 4) has had 5.1.1 for a while, and that this firmware can be flashed to the normal n910T variant.

0 Likes
gnc1956
Enthusiast - Level 3

Note4.png

I am DONE...

Unfortunately, I have to wait until my EDGE is paid up

Then I am gone with all 3 phones after 20-years with VZW
They are no longer innovators - They are followers - And way behind the pack!