Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Almalki609
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I can say that it was my worst mistake when I got my phone from verizon. What I know about why it's late that when Google release 5.1.1, companies like Samsung receive it and put their changes on it and then send it to their devices, unless you are stucking with a company like verizon, so they are going to receive the update and put their own changes on it and then send to their customers. So it's between their hands and none of Verizon's costumers knows why it takes too long to send an update. Knowing that other companies like AT&T, T-mobile and Sprint got since a long time.

0 Likes
Note4s
Enthusiast - Level 2

When we first got our Note 4's they were great on performance and battery life and then came the updates.  Ever since then we have had nothing but problems with them.  They definitely aren't the phones we originally purchased and it doesn't look like there is any relief in site.  My brother in law just got on to the Google Fi platform and so far so good for him.  We have 5 phones right now with Verizon,  3 Note 4s and 2 Galaxy 5s.  At the moment it is too expensive to move but after 15 plus years with Verizon I have been looking into all of my options as we are tired of the only options/fixes being to pay off your phone and buy another phone that will be obsolete and buggy on Verizons network. We had the same issues with the Galaxy 3 updates breaking our phones but for some reason we stuck it out.  If I have to pay off my phones it wouldn't be to get another phone on this network.  Waiting now for the cost to leave to work out for me unless Verizon makes some serious changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zx1truth,

Oh my! We certainly want for you to be happy with your device. Having the latest software on the phone is what we all want & wouldn’t hold back any information if we had it. At this time, we do not  know when the software will be released. Once the software has been released, it will be pushed to your phone. You will receive an alert to perform the software update. Our number one goal is to make sure that your phone is issue free. Are you having any problems with your phone that we can help you work out? We’re always here to lend a hand & want for your phone to work like a well oiled machine.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

I don't think we're blaming the Customer Support Team for the lack of an update. I'm certainly not. While your answers aren't what we want, I can see that you're at least trying. What we really need is for this thread (and other related ones) to be shown to someone higher up in the company: someone who could let the development team know that that this update is needed badly. We can't really afford to wait until late February or March. I think I even have to get another battery for my phone, after about 6 months of using the current one. The Note 4 is a great phone, but it's rendered almost useless with 5.0.1. There's lag, there's terrible battery life, there's crashing, there's freezing, and it is confirmed that 5.1.1 fixes many issues on most Note 4s that have received the update.

Kev1975
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with you on this they need to send it to someone higher

DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-4-marshmallow-hungary-660159/

Way to go Verizon! Let's start rolling out 5.1.1 after Samsung issues 6.0

and all other carriers update to 6!

By the way, my replacement is doing the EXACT same thing, with bare minimum

apps installed.....update the OS to fix the problems or give me choice of

replacement!

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

As funny as that is, it isn't what it seems. The Note 5's leaked 6.0 images show a white statusbar, among other style differences. Not to mention, it seems unfinished. People are saying that it's probably an accidental release of unfinished firmware.

0 Likes
caliman316

At this point I think we all have a better chance winning powerball before we get the 5.1.1 update. From what I heard is that people who got the 5.1.1 update from the other other carriers their note 4 is like brand new and of course if that's the case verizon will hold off on us getting the update because they can't make any money on selling us the new phones like the note 5 or S6 .Just saying and keeping it real.

0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I went back to the store because the warranty replacement was worse

than the one it replaced. They tried to replace it with a new Note 5.

Apparently Samsung agreement with Verizon doesn't allow for "trade ups"

same as apple. They told me if I hand other manufacturers phone they could

have upgraded me to newer model with no issues.

They did replace it with a NEW Note 4, so far every issue I had previously

is not present.

They said unless I want to buy a new phone, this is my only option.

I only lost 15% battery all day! I did notice this new phone is a newer

hardware revision.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Really? Hmm. I wonder if I could get another phone, even though my warranty has expired.

0 Likes