Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Or better yet Tidbit, since you don't seem to be bothered by dropping $700 for a phone that at the time I couldn't even make a phone call on, perhaps you can just send me the $700 and we can call me satisfied.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

as long as you are paying for it any other user can use from my understanding... Also all LTE devices are unlocked and work on other carriers.  There IS a difference.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Tidbit, I attempted to leave.  From what was explained to me at the time, because the Edge agreement is actually a loan, that the device's ESN number can not be reactivated until the Edge agreement has been satisfied.

Also, I checked AT&T, Sprint, and US Cellular and at that time I was told my Verizon Note 4 could not be brought to their networks that it would be required to purchase another handset.   And I did play CSR roulette and got the same answer from multiple CSR's.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

On Verizon... Until fulfilled...

It will work on ANY carrier except Sprint as they don't import a lot of ESNs into their database.  US cellular is also the same way.  AT&T it will work on just you won't get specific features tailored to AT&T by their settings.  Most CSR's are trained to get you to buy their specific devices to ensure everything works 100% and can troubleshoot.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Soooo...here we go:

I went online and contacted the CEO of VZW. One of their Executive

Assistants call me. I explained the situation that is going on. She told

me that I should call Samsung because although Verizon pushes the updates,

they come from Samsung. She gave me the number, and I called. The Samsung

rep said that I should send in my phone to be serviced. I explained that

this is the 4th phone to experience these issues and I referenced this

forum. He said that Google gives them the OS, they TouchWiz it, and send

to Verizon. That since Samsung has released the update the burdon is now

on Verizon. I called Verizon again and they haven't returned my

call....I'm going to explode!

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Ya, I sent my phone to Samsung upon recommendation of Verizon and a Samsung rep Verizon conferences in during a troubleshooting call.   I went 3 weeks without a phone and Samsung returned the phone stating it tested successfully.  It's a waste of time.   Verizon controls when released code gets pushed out.

0 Likes
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Darth, will you please share with ALL of the users here the email/phone number of the person you contacted?  Perhaps if we ALL email/call, they'll take a cue.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Tidbit, so your saying I can take a device that isn't paid off yet to AT&T and they can activate it on their network?  I would think the device is property of Verizon until the loan is paid off...

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Common sense and every source says Verizon has the code, yet of course Verizon can't own up to doing a poor job.

I tried to speak to Samsung I think a week ago now, they told me as well that the code has been long out to Verizon - I mean it makes sense just thinking about it since the other carriers have had the update out for a while.

If anyone else manages to talk to anyone from Samsung next, try and get them to include the statement in an email or something written, so we can post it on here, or be able to send it to Verizon reps - just to rub it in their faces the lying just needs to stop.

It's bad when a company would rather lie than actually work on something for it's customers.