Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Since we've been looking into other carriers, I've been looking at porting devices over. Sprint, since it pays off the device, will port the line at least over. CREDO, which doesn't pay off expenses, says that my Note 4 on the Edge Plan, is not eligible to switch.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Well, as far as I can see, they haven't really lied, they just haven't told us anything. Mind you, that tends to be just as bad.The CSRs have no idea, and they shouldn't, as VZW has no reason to tell them. We haven't heard anything about Verizon actually not having the update, except from Tidbits, and we all know that isn't true. So, Verizon hasn't lied, but they're not exactly being open, either.

0 Likes
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

DarthScott,

Would you please share with all of us the phone/email address you used to contact the CEO?  I think we should ALL start calling and leaving messages.  Maybe they'll figure it out . . .

0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the number I called:  [removal required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here we go folks: [removal required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] VZW Executive Relations team.  Start calling and leaving voicemails.  Flood their lines!!!!!

ftlng
Enthusiast - Level 3

If anyone wants to port their number over, take a look at

toddk.acndirect.com . I think you will find the coverage to be the same

and will likely find great rates. I have my family on the service and

it has been great.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

DarthScott wrote:

Soooo...here we go:

I went online and contacted the CEO of VZW.  One of their Executive

Assistants call me.  I explained the situation that is going on.  She told

me that I should call Samsung because although Verizon pushes the updates,

they come from Samsung.  She gave me the number, and I called.  The Samsung

rep said that I should send in my phone to be serviced.  I explained that

this is the 4th phone to experience these issues and I referenced this

forum.  He said that Google gives them the OS, they TouchWiz it, and send

to Verizon.  That since Samsung has released the update the burdon is now

on Verizon.  I called Verizon again and they haven't returned my

call....I'm going to explode!

I would trust s CEO over a rep ANY DAY of the week.  Get Samsungs CEO to put their name on it and it would have more clout than a low level rep.  Being the head developer of a software firm I will tell you that a CSR wil NEVER know exactly what happens and the little computer in front of them WILL NEVER tell them exactly what happened and where we are under development.  They'll say whatever to get you off the phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Jason_Nipp wrote:

Tidbit, so your saying I can take a device that isn't paid off yet to AT&T and they can activate it on their network?  I would think the device is property of Verizon until the loan is paid off...

read the link there's VARIOUS links saying the same thing.  The reason why carriers want it locked to ensure it doesn't work on other carriers when it isn't paid off.  Verizon buying block c made that luxury go away.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Zacharee1 wrote:

Well, as far as I can see, they haven't really lied, they just haven't told us anything. Mind you, that tends to be just as bad.The CSRs have no idea, and they shouldn't, as VZW has no reason to tell them. We haven't heard anything about Verizon actually not having the update, except from Tidbits, and we all know that isn't true. So, Verizon hasn't lied, but they're not exactly being open, either.

a CEO from Verizon said one thing, and a low level rep from Samsung said something THEY WOULD NEVER KNOW.  IF you want something with CLOUT get it from a higher up of Samsungs.  If you can't get that then it tells me they are not willing to put their name on something that's a lie.  Food for thought.  No low level rep will ever know this information.  Only the development teams and potentially anyone higher than they are.

0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a new phone....all of a sudden I had a

"promotion" to get a new phone with $100 bill credit. Seems odd, I'm only

a year in my contract. The promotion also gives me 2gb extra data per line

I upgraded.

I got galaxy s6 edge + Interestingly this phone has 0 of the issues my

note 4 had, even the brand new one they gave me.

0 Likes