Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't buy a note 5 hell the gs7 will be out before the note 4 gets

5.1.1 update or the 6.0 update

On Dec 23, 2015 11:06 PM, "Doing_work_son" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah this is ridiculous. The S7 is supposed to be released in early March.

At this rate Android 5.1.1 will probably just then push out for our Note 4,

while the S7 launches with a 6.0.x build. This phone is abandoned, it's the

red headed step child of Verizon and it's only slightly over a year old.

Sad.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

people said that with the note 3 when the note 4 came out...  you can put any device in there from any carrier...

0 Likes
Savemynote4
Enthusiast - Level 2

agreed.  Pretty telling that the official response was way back in the beginning of this thread.  They have nothing to say.

I talked to a customer service person a few days ago who said that she and another employee with Note 4's both received 5.1.1. a couple weeks ago. 

That's what passes for information at this point, anecdotal evidence that SOMEONE has received it.  No timetable, no explanation.  It feels like such a slap in the face for diehard customers who took the plunge on their most expensive phone.  I am a business customer with a tablet and 10Gigs of data. 

They should be ashamed.  But they don't care.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Actually the real shame comes from the fact that not only is this thread gone way past its time, but that most do not accept the truth beyond what was written. And I'm confident when this new build comes out, there will be complaints about that as well. It's a never ending cycle.

0 Likes
Savemynote4
Enthusiast - Level 2

um...pherson...do you work for Verizon?  Trying to understand why you are here.  If you don't suffer from the same problem, why are you here, defending Verizon? 

It's gone "way past it's time" because there is still no communication or update.  Period. 

Truth beyond what was written?  There has been no remedy, no communication.  And the truth is, clearly, that customers, and not just a few, are livid.  Period.

So, if you are an employee, please give us some information.

If you are not, and you still suffer the same poor service that the rest of us on this thread suffer, then what the @#$ are you talking about.

If neither applies to you, then, again....what the #$%#@ are you talking about, and why? 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Ah, the ever so classic rebuttal, "do you work for verizon" comment. This is mainly a peer to peer site, where customers mainly help customers. So no I'm not an employee.

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

But it still lacks the answer to his question, why exactly are you here, defending Verizon and making snarky comments in the direction of people who are suffering, pherson? Is your life that sad you have nothing better to do?

Those defending Verizon have had to change their defense a million times, now it's all 'speaking up won't do anything, this is mainly a p2p site' - no shit. But it's not *only* p2p, as proven by Verizon responding early on (and the actual terms that yes, people have actually read - and on another note, you actually say it's customers helping customers, yet anything you say lacks any sympathy or help in the slightest, so why be here?). And you know what? Even if posting here does pretty much nothing, what else are people to do? Verizon doesn't give a lot of options to be heard, and people are frustrated. They're paying for something that has been neglected, stuck with an update that was proven to be riddled with issues, even more so than most updates, with a fix already out to the other carriers, that they just aren't getting.

Again, pherson, of course there will be issues with a new update, as there always are - I feel like maybe you were dropped on your head a little this morning, or else there may have been an actual point to your post - but the amount of fixes people are waiting on with 5.1.1 outweigh the negatives. No piece of software is perfect, and of course the update won't be either, or else they wouldn't keep making more to fix bugs/issues, but are you even aware of the issues that an incredible amount of users have/had with 5.0.1? Anything is going to be a step up from that.

So to those, for some strange reason, defending a carrier who can't even release an update fix the same *year* as the others, just go away. Your argument about Verizon not being last didn't hold water, and now with your only defense is spewing out lines about the terms of the forums. That's sad. People are frustrated we were left out in the cold by Verizon, so even if it does no good, there is at least a chance to be heard, so why attack people for that? 5.0.1 was almost phone-breaking for some people, and VZW has saddled us with it, well after there has been a fix. That's a good reason to be agry with a company we pay good money for.

And yes, those sticking up for VZW - at this point in time, when they're dead last with a *critical* update, lack communication, have poor customers service - people will be suspicious of you being an employee, because no rational or intelligent person would bother here on these forums. So instead of being a big bad internet bully to people with actual issues, caused by a faulty update, go find some other forums to make some pointless posts in, it's played out here.

If you don't like people complaining about something long overdue that would help fix their phone, just don't say anything. It doesn't change to fact VZW is dead last and it's customers are unhappy, and will try anything to be heard. I just don't understand why you would fault people for that.

ZombiAndrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

*golf clap* well stated!   and I just want to add,  if ONE MORE VZ rep tells me (or any of us)  "We hate to see you go ,  let us help via PM"  followed  by instructions on how to Factory Reset and add ONLY VZ bloat approved apps I will take my 8 phines AND my company's  3000+ ti the first carrier who can show customer service rather than blowing  smoke

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well stated. There is no defense of Verizon, none. This is the 2nd step child they have created. The first was the Note 3. Anyone with a brain can see and admit that. If you cannot, you're a moron who cannot admit to being wrong and changing your agenda, again. This is a terrible situation for customers and thus why they are leaving in droves to other carriers. Why would any Note user stay with Verizon? They have allowed their customers to spend millions on 2 phones back to back that do not work. If you cannot admit and see that you're blind or simply a troll. Dec 26th, no update and you are wrong, again.

0 Likes