Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Dgianne
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I called they didn't do anything. Sent me to tech support who told me to reset my sim card.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

That was pretty much my experience, although tech support actually knew less than customer relations. I think you actually have to ask outright.

0 Likes
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I presently have the Note 4.  I'm not fond of the Note 5 with no expandable memory and no removable battery, but if it (the note 5 with OS 5.1.1) functions better than my note 4 running 5.0.1 and it's free, and I have 2 weeks to 'test drive' it before sending back either the note 4 or the note 5 (if I don't like it) and my contract is not renewing, then I'll take it for the next 10 months until I can leave verizon.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

I didn't even get that offer but way to go I am happy for you I know the

gs7 or the lg g5 will be out soon then I will get rid of this crap note 4

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Chances are the S7 is going to be another S6. Samsung seems to have gone the way of iPhone, with prettier phones, but no real improvement between generations.

0 Likes
bitkahuna

your note 4 may be crippled with 5.0.1 but that doesn't mean you deserve a free replacement, lol.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

And why not? If I have a defective device, because of an update, I think there's reason for a replacement. Since the device is defective because of software, and not because it's a botched handset, then a new one of that model isn't going to help. The people at Verizon were probably just tired of having people complain.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I disagree

A newer year model is not warranted.

You could always send the phone to samsung and have them examine it.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

I agree they need to take back all of the note 4's and give us devices that

actually work because we do pay good money to have a working phone

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Multiple people have done that, and have gotten their device back with a clean hardware report. I personally haven't done that (yet), but I do have a replacement phone and replacement battery, so it's already somewhat hard to believe that it's a hardware issue. Then, on top of that, a family member got a Note 4 in August and it has even more lag and drain than mine (and I'm the power-user). 3 phones from my personal experience pointing towards software issues. Multiple phones on this thread pointing to software issues. Multiple phones on Reddit pointing to software issues. Multiple phones on Android Forums pointing to software issues. Multiple phones on XDA pointing to software issues. Samsung ain't gonna find jack.

0 Likes