Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
j238
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why should I go to those forums . Why don't you provide the proof.... you

are the one who said that there is proof... nor me. I guess you can't put

up... Korean would be fine ... I'll get it translated..... You'll save all

of us us with the true knowledge about the defects of 5.1.1.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like I said I am not going to do it. Not worth my time to do so. Your evidence actually speaks against you. Media outlets are not going to say if there are problems unless they are critical problems. Just the fact you are complaining about problems and no media outlet has singled on Verizon problems due to a lack of an update for example. The fact the Korean versions since the release of 5.1.1 has had 3 updates, and one of them was 3 weeks since the release of the first one sounds like there was problems to me. The fact Europe has gotten 2 updates(first was included with 5.1.1 update). If and when we do get 5.1.1 update(unlikely regardless of what rumors say).  The factory images on SamMobile can be verified.  If there was "nothing wrong because XYZ got them" then why the quick turnover for bug fixes. Which points to show countries where they blame the manufacturer seem have better support. Not to mention if Samsung really wanted to support their products they can flat out say "Verizon isn't allowing us to support our phones. We will no longer be making devices to support Verizon because of it." What do you think will happen? Second largest pie only to Apple. Surely they could do what Apple has been doing... Maybe just maybe them doing it will reveal the delay is actually them and Verizon has the proof of it but hold silent to keep their moeny maker happy like all carriers do to keep Apple happy and they openly admit that.

0 Likes
j238
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updates frequently only means bug fixes being done rapidly.... in verizon

case they'll still be certifying those for the next few years ...

You confirm my suspicion ... you don't have real proof .

Thanks

I don't want to discuss this till you can price it....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That process my case man... If there was nothing wrong with the update... Then why all the bug fixes?

Anyway first carrier in the US to push the update are willing to argue with you there is nothing wrong... Just read the titles and dates of the complaints which happened after the release. Now if you say different carrier different software. Then same argument can apply overseas. They are different and affect things differently. Then that means it doesn't matter what was released as it is irrelevant.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-place-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%...

0 Likes
mrfred
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess we have nearly reached the point where we are a month beyond when all the other US carriers have released 5.1.1 for the GN4?  Perhaps VZW is the only carrier in the world that has not released it??

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

T-Mobile and various other carriers not in Europe and certain markets in Asia. I believe even the Aussies haven't gotten It either.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

T-Mobile is skipping 5.1.1 for 6.0 from the looks of their update page.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The US Cellular model doesn't have 5.1.1. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00031583/244907/

And as noted earlier, the T-Mobile model doesn't either. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00037677/250890/

The Sprint model only got its update on 11/11/2015 six days ago. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00038262/237745/SM-N910PZKESPR

The AT&T model was on 10/10/2015. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00035703/232692/

Oooooo. That's an interesting start to a possible pattern. We just need a third date to confirm. 10/10, 11/11 could the next update for a USA carrier model come on 12/12/2015?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

, correction, the Sprint Note 4 received Android 5.1.1 wayyyyyyyy back on 8/3/15....they were actually first to update 5.1.1 on the Note 4, they beat international units as well. C'mon Verizon let's get to it and get this phone the 5.1.1 update so we can get those new updated API's, new patches, security enhancements, speed and memory enhancements!

0 Likes
Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

That update that the Sprint Note 4 got just a few days ago was another (2nd) android 5.1.1 update that had security enhancements, so here we are, about 3 months later, still without android 5.1.1 and Sprint has already rolled out a second update of 5.1.1 to their Note 4. AT&T rolled it out last month, it seems perhaps t-mobile is going to wait and just jump theirs to Marshmallow. Verizon just sits idle with this new red headed step child (Note 4, passed on from the Samsung Droid Charge). Verizon, you did release a stagefright patch back in August (10th I believe, thereabouts), but there is now stagefright 2.0 and that patch does not keep us protected now. At least get that out to us, as Samsung is releasing monthly security patches.

0 Likes