Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

LOL. Well, to be fair, Samsung is the one who "abandoned" the Note 4. Have you heard about those poor Sprint users? Sprint was forced to take down the Note 4 in August, less than a year after its release. However, Verizon does need to realize that, right now, we don't want they're apps to work on 5.1.1 (if that's even the reason this update is being held back). We don't even use them. What we want is SOMETHING THAT WILL GET RID OF THE BATTERY AND PERFORMANCE ISSUES. If it's a downgrade to KitKat, I'd be happy! If it's 5.1.1, so be it. Don't make us wait until late February to give us an update that will finally let us use our phones for more than 6 hours, Verizon. I am sick and tired of having to switch my battery THREE TIMES every single day if I so much as have the screen on 4 or 5 times throughout the day.

VERIZON: Since you obviously aren't giving us 5.1.1, either give us credit for what this phone has and will cost us (EDGE users), or give us a choice of phone! This isn't acceptable. "Bonus Data" is useless if we can't use our phones. At least Sprint is trying to improve. VZW, meanwhile, is turning into Sprint before the new CEO.

Since T-Mobile and Sprint together cover pretty much everywhere I go, Google Fi is seeming like a rather nice option. I'm even willing to have a phone with an iffy camera if it means I get timely updates.

Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

This will be the last samsung phone I will ever own. And as my service with

verizon I think att will be a better option for me

0 Likes
kidqwik
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can further assist by making the 5.1.1 update for the Note 4 on Verizon to be released.  That will solve a lot of the problems most of the people posting in this thread are complaining about.  The people that post in here aren't like..  Basic people like iPhone people.  We're more tech advanced and know what we're talking about.  The 5.0.1 update for the Note 4 is horrible.  It is now almost the end of December 2015.  In August, Sprint released the 5.1.1 update for the Note 4.  AT&T Note 4 users got the 5.1.1 update the beginning of Oct.  T-Mobile Note 4 users got the 5.1.1 update at the end of November.  Verizon, which prides itself on being so.. Great..  Still hasn't released the update.  And no it's not Samsung you're waiting on, it's whoever packages your updates with all the crappy bloatware we don't want that is causing the delay.  Give us some credit and don't patronize us. 

As for the service, Verizon has great cell phone reception, speeds, etc.  I was referring to the pricing to suck as much cash from it's customers and trying to like.. Act like Trump into making idiots believe everything is worth that extra money.  Like I said, the other carriers are giving better deals on data plans by allowing music and video services to NOT count against their data AND give it for a cheaper price.  While my friends on Tmobile or Sprint are using things like Spotify at the gym and not having it count against their data plan I'm like "no can do...  It'll use up my data on Verizon and get charged $15 per extra 1gig of use"  I already have 15 gigs for two lines and we get close to using that up every month doing basic stuff even with Wifi use.  So when you combine the over pricing, less services available, slow release of updates that made our once fast phone suck, yes...  We question is it worth it?  If you're someone that lives in like the NYC area and not in the far off suburbs in the mountains, etc, Sprint, Tmobile, AT&T and Verizon all have similar quality service.  So I'm asking myself what I'm over paying for at this point.  Responding to everyone here to like like reset their phone 100 times, standing on their heads, or exchanging it over and over isn't going to solve a bunch of problems that is being caused by a poor software update that Verizon is still using because it refuses to be progressive in releasing software updates like other carriers.  Sprint released this update FIVE MONTHS AGO.  Isn't that kind of embarrassing to Verizon???

jeepntj
Enthusiast - Level 2

How's this for funny. Using my note 4 with my moto 360 smart watch. Note

4 5.0.1 smart watch..... 5.1.1 lol watch wins.

emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very interesting....my moto 360 smart watch is also running 5.1.1.   Wow, VZW truly sucks.  I can't wait to move to Google FI.  Unfortunately, I have to wait ten months until my contract is up with this band of thieves whom call themselves Verizon.

0 Likes
Dgianne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon are we ever getting the update or should I continue using this phone as a paperweight? Once both my phones are up I'm switching carriers.

0 Likes
CoastalCarolina
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only possible way Verizon could make this Note 4 update mess up to us is give us Marshmallow v6.01 - SOON.

My 2 Note 4's (YES 2) were in BEAST mode until the 5.01 update in April.  Several factory resets later I still hate this POS update.  Freezing, lag, and horrid, atrocious battery life.  This is beyond ridiculous that they have not escalated a push for 5.11 or 6.01 since they forced this 5.01 problem update to everyone.

If the Nexus line continues the premium features and reviews like the Nexus 6P, my next phone WILL BE a Nexus.

All of the news organizations and websites in the world agree - Verizon's Android update process is full of FAIL, and more than likely will continue to be that way.

Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon offers nothing over other carriers. Even in the rural areas, others have caught up and surpassed their coverage. Look you have Google which has a new phone with Marshmallow already on it. Not only do we not have Marshmallow, but we have an old outdated Lollipop. There is no excuse for this no matter what the two defenders of Verizon say, they are both clueless. It's December 22, 2015 and not one word from Verizon. They say blame the manufacturer, hello? Every carrier in the US has it. It's all Verizon's responsibility. They don't care. Verizon you suck and I hope you go bankrupt. You are the absolute worst example of greed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's like a no brainer Google Nexus devices would have marshmallow before any one else does.  AOSP is written for these devices and manufacturers don't get that code UNTIL Google is finished...

It is the manufacturer... Just because it's out on other carriers doesn't mean the manufacturer is finished doing the job they were PAID for.  Unless you have PROOF that it is finished a court will see your proof worth less than table scraps.  Like I said if you want hard proof it's the carriers get the MANUFACTURER higher ups to say it is them and put their name on it for any court of law to take YOU seriously.  Manufacturers DON'T want to say anything because if it is in fact on them and they say otherwise when things hit the fan...  Who has the evidence to show they are lying?  Anyway the most funny thing is.. People will switch carriers and then more than likely buy the same manufacturer only to find out... Things didn't change much(read their forums). 

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good god you're like a broken record showing up every moment to defend the indefensible. Verizon does have the update. Oh no, Samsung only kept the update from Verizon. Yeah okay. Snake oil salesman.

0 Likes