Galaxy Note 4 - Lollipop upgrade - annoying 'battery full' notification at night
amycelona

Ever since updating to Lollipop, I get a VERY BRIGHT notification "The battery is fully charged, please disconnect the charger". It sits next to my bed on a charger and it wakes me up with its very bright light--extremely annoying!

I have the Dockclock app that turns on when it charges, I have it set to show at 25% brightness and mute ringer and suppress notifications, but this gets through. I checked all settings pertaining to Battery, Notifications, settings in Dockclock, etc.  I would VERY much appreciate some help with this.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 - Lollipop upgrade - annoying 'battery full' notification at night
amycelona

Actually I should say that it is so bright that it wakes me up.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 - Lollipop upgrade - annoying 'battery full' notification at night
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amycelona,

I certainly understand not wanting to get woken up by those notifications! That would frustrate me too. There isn't currently a way to disable the fully charged notification. The best option would be turning the phone's overall screen brightness down as much as possible.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
amycelona,

I for one understand how annoying it can be to have your sleep disturbed. If you go into Settings>Display>Brightness and turn off Automatic Brightness and set a lower level of brightness does the message still come through extremely bright?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

I am with you on the annoyance, and since Verizon is confirming it cannot be changed...you may just have to put it face down at night.

0 Likes
chuckwilmot
Contributor - Level 1

ME TOO, Amycelona.  I have exactly the same scenario and it's way past annoying.  It bothered me so much that I put the phone charger on a power strip on the floor next to the bed, so when the notification wakes me up, I reach down and toggle off the power strip, leaving the phone in place and still connected.  The notification goes off.  The next time I get up to pee, I toggle on the power strip again, and hope I sleep through the next one, or get up before it comes on again. 

0 Likes