Re: Galaxy Note 4 update to Marshmellow 6.0 operating system has wiped my contacts and several apps are no longer working. Do not get any Verizon phone until Marshmellow is fixed, lorts of problems with this OS update. AVOID IT!!!!!
IBale

No, I am not lying. Not a custom software build either. You have my name in my post, I would not be able to sign in into this community if I was not real.

I do not know how to look for the build number but someone at Verizon that was helping me said it was v 6 marshmellow.

What would be the purpose of that.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 update to Marshmellow 6.0 operating system has wiped my contacts and several apps are no longer working. Do not get any Verizon phone until Marshmellow is fixed, lorts of problems with this OS update. AVOID IT!!!!!
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number

2BPA1 was an update that spooled out to Verizon subscribers a few weeks back.   It is not Marshmallow.  

Also under About Phone it lists your Android Version and Kernel Revision.

I've been wrong before, but as far as the software revision logs, Android Version 5.1.1  Build LMY47X.N910VVRU2BPA1 are current versions in production label, for Note 4 Verizon Subscribers.

0 Likes
IBale

I stand corrected. Based on your info I did look for the phone info under Settings, it is V.  5.1.1 build number LMY47X.N910VVRU2BPA1

Kernel V 3.10.40 Wed. Jan 20  2016

No matter, this download update is what damaged my contacts and some apps, in particular the SnapBizCard app which had over 1200 business cards and was not able to open after that, now after downloading app, which is opening ok, all scanned biz cards are nowhere to be found, 2 years worth of business cards wiped and lost.

Just a big problem only partially solved.

Verizon cust service reps asked me to use Google cloud, if that is the case why are they forcing into phone Verizon apps no one uses like navigator, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello IBale,

I'm glad to hear that your contacts were recovered, but regret to hear that the biz app isn't working. Have you tried to uninstall the app, and reinstall? Is there a sign in process for that app, that may help to recover the business cards if you were to reinstall?

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes