Galaxy Note 5 Battery Drain from WIFI Bug Please fix@@@!!!!!
scarlet_lumen

Anyone know fix to a wifi bug that I am seeing?

I did a lot of research online, and it seems like Verizon and T-mobile Note5 have major battery drain issue,

and I am experiencing it on my brand new note5.

So, what I noticed is that there is a big Cell Standby Battery drain from a wifi bug.

When my phone is connected to a wifi, 4g should turn off, but both wifi and 4g are on.

Because of that my battery is draining really fast with 20-30% Standby usage, and apparently, I am not the only one experiencing this.

Do any of you have this issue?

Also, is there a known fix to this?

I did see that T-mobile version's can be fixed with turning off VoLTE off, but we don't have that option on verizon version.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note 5 Battery Drain from WIFI Bug Please fix@@@!!!!!
danny23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you tried turn off your data and Wi-Fi when your not using them, This saves my battery power by 70%, when I am not using my data or Wi-Fi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kenk329

How you gone into the battery setting to see what is eating up your battery?

0 Likes
scarlet_lumen

Yes, it is cell standby and android system taking up the most. I have good reception

0 Likes
kenk329

Sorry about my spelling. Have you gone in to application manager to see what is running? In there you can stop the programs that you don't need to be running. Like google hangouts or instagram. All the running apps take up resources in your phone and that takes battery power to run them. Also I am sure you know this but the I am going to just throw it out there, on the bottom of your phone to the left of your home button is the close all button. Do you use this to close all your apps? 

0 Likes
danny23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you tried turn off your data and Wi-Fi when your not using them, This saves my battery power by 70%, when I am not using my data or Wi-Fi

0 Likes
tigrangrig

I have the same problem with my week old Note 5.

If Wi-Fi is ON my battery goes from 100% to 25% overnight (6-7 hrs)

If Wi-Fi is OFF my battery goes from 100% to 95% overnight.

This is ridiculous, I'm pretty much forced to keep Wi-Fi off all the time, otherwise I gotta charge 2-3 times a day.

I even thinking to return the phone. Never had problems with Note 3 before.

FIX IT ASAP!!!

0 Likes