Galaxy Note 5 loses tower signal, please help?
joe1966

I have owned the Note 5 for about 4 weeks now. It loses tower signal daily and will not reconnect. I need to restart the phone to get connection to the tower again. I previously owned an S4 and never had this problem. Now to be more specific.....this is not just an issue switching towers while on the move. It happens when sitting on my desk at work or night stand of the evening. My normal reception is 4-5 4G bars and never anything less at work or at home and no there are not any "dead spots" at either place. I have performed the cache clear operation and am NOT using the advanced calling feature. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it? Any help would be appreciated as I am obviously stuck with the Note 5 since its over the return and get a different model time period.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 5 loses tower signal, please help?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joe1966,

I use my phone on a daily basis to keep in contact with my family and friends, so I understand how important it is to have a good reliable signal at all times. Let's find out what's going on with your Note 5 so we can get it working better for you.

You mentioned that you've had the phone for 4 weeks. Have you been having the trouble with the signal going away since you got the new phone? When you changed from your S4 to the Note 5, did you get a new SIM card or are you using an old one? Please try using the Troubleshooting Assistant here http://vz.to/1JEHnWX and let us know if it helps.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joe1966

Troubleshooting assistant did not help. I don't know if I got a new sim card or not. I have read on the internet that many others have had this problem, so I'm sure you are very aware of it. Please let me know whether or not I am just stuck with this issue or you have a fix. I can narrow this down to 3 questions.

1) Is this a known issue? Please be honest to your customers!

2) If it is known, is there a fix or not?

3) If it is not a known issue, what do I need to do from here?

Thanks in advance for your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joe1966,

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting assistant. I know it's not pleasant to have a phone that's not working properly. I do want to let you know that we've not received confirmation from Samsung that this is a known concern. That being said, there may be something happening with your device or with the SIM card, but I'd like to run a diagnostic test to see if there's anything else that could be causing the trouble. To begin, I've sent you a Private Message to your inbox to gather some information. Please respond to that message when you get a chance.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an issue with the Wifi being unstable as well?

0 Likes
Gormican

I have the same problem.  Verizon with Note 5 that spits out "no network" every couple of days and I have to reboot to make a call.  It's a great phone - I love it except for the phone part.  If you can resolve, I would appreciate it.  Thanks

0 Likes
NEWLIFE4KW

I have the same problem. I have hassled this for almost a year. I did all the procedures Verizon had me do, finally they issued me a refurbished one. It is now happening again, there must be a problem they don't want to talk about. 

0 Likes