I have a few questions/concerns as many others here is what occurred:
1) I looked at my account yesterday and saw no more EIP for my Note 7 and the line showed as upgrade eligible.
2) I went to my local corp. store and told them I wanted to get another device as the Note 7 was my only phone.
3) Since they had no S7E available, I decided to try out the Moto Z Force Droid. It was completed as an upgrade but I didnt pay anything out of pocket and my accessories were exchanged as well.
4) They didnt want to take my Note 7. They said I will get a return kit and if I do not send it back in I will be charged for it.
My questions are as follows:
1) How will I know when or if I will get a return kit?
2) Are the returns going directly to Samsung?
3) If for some reason I am not able to send it in (wherever that is) how can I be charged full retail price of the phone?
4) If the shipper refuses the phone or it gets lost in transit which happens all the time, will I be required to pay for the phone even though Samsung is just going to destroy it?
5) Why did the store refuse to take it?
You've come to the right place for answers ELLIWIGY1. We definitely want to help clear up all your concerns. I know how important it is to make sure you are not billed for the phone.
I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused. Since the phone was exchanged at a corporate Verizon Wireless store they should have taken the Note 7. I am not sure why they did not take the Note 7. Do you have the store address? I can definitely submit feedback for this store. I can take a look at your account to see if a special return box was shipped for you to return the Note 7.
The Note 7 you return are sent to VZW and we will handle the return process. I understand your concern of your phone being lost in transit. If this were to happen we would need to submit an investigation with the shipping carrier so you are not billed for the phone. This is why we ask that you keep the return tracking number for your records. The shipping carrier should not refuse the phone because it will be sent back in a special box for the Note 7 returns.
Please reply to the Direct Message I just sent you so we can access your account and further assist.
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!