Galaxy Note 7 replacement problem
JESJOH97

I was informed today that I can not replace my Note 7 that was recalled and banned for use by the US Dept of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration as of October 15, 2016. The reason I couldn't replace my phone was due to an early upgrade of a Note 5. Apparently, Verizon kept this agreement stating that I had to pay off the Note 5 in full even though I returned the phone in August. They claim that the Note 7 agreements do not exist since the phone isn't available to be sold.

I am still in possession of the Note 7 until I pay off the Note 5. Way to be concerned about my safety!

Anyone else have this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note 7 replacement problem
mama23dogs
Legend

Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

They must take the phone back.  Contact Samsung, they will set Verizon straight. 

If you returned the Note 5, are they not finding the phone?  They can bill you the non return fee, but O suggest you raise a little Cain and get them to find the phone - Better yet, return it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

They must take the phone back.  Contact Samsung, they will set Verizon straight. 

If you returned the Note 5, are they not finding the phone?  They can bill you the non return fee, but O suggest you raise a little Cain and get them to find the phone - Better yet, return it.

0 Likes
SUSFRE69
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar issue. In August I did an early buy out to upgrade to the note 7.  I had to pay $31 of the remaining $231 due on my old phone for the early buy out and hand the phone over immediately. Now Verizon is billing me $200 for the remainder due on the old phone that they took back in August.  The bill with the $200 for the old equipment is due Nov 7th but to add insult to injury Verizon wants a few billing cycles to do the refunds for accessories and taxes paid on the note 7.  Feeling very frustrated that I am supposed to pay for a phone they took possession of and I do not care for any of the phones on the market at this time.  I really do not want to be locked into at two year contract for a phone I am not interested in and I am not able to buy a phone outright for a while.  This mess just makes me sick.

mama23dogs
Legend

Everyone who mailed Back their Note 7 got a full refund of EVERYTHING in 3 days or less.   Do not wait 2-3 bill cycles if you don't see a refund.

0 Likes
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't heard of many people getting a full refund that quickly. I've been hearing the 1-2 billing cycles

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I don't find 30, 60 or 90 days acceptable.  Other carriers are doing in store returns on the spot, except for taxes, which are refunded within a few days.

0 Likes