Galaxy Note 7
shlub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I returned the 1st note 7 to Verizon for a replacement, then the 2nd phone was recalled. I ordered a Google pixel xl, which is on back order and is suppose to be delivered on the 18th. I would like to put a hold on the delivery and pick it up at the FedEx station after work. Verizon can't give me a tracking number until the day it ships. I can't ask FedEx to hold a package the same day it's out for delivery. It needs to be at least one day in advance.

this whole process has been extremely frustrating. I am very upset that Verizon and Samsung have forced their customers to return the note 7 on their own and deal with Samsung directly, that's Verizon's responsibility.

Why are you making me personally deal with Samsung? Verizon charges an extra $20 more per month if I buy a phone from another vendor, i get penalized for not buying through Verizon, but i have to personally deal with Samsung because of their recall? that's ridiculous! Car companies fix their recalls for free for their customers. Where is your customer service Verizon?

Why am I not being compensated for the note 7 fiasco? It's your problem with samsung, and why has Verizon not offered to ship my back ordered phone over night? Where is your customer service Verizon? 

Why can't I ship the phone I ordered to a Verizon store and have them hold it? Verizon is offering no convenience in reduced price, shipping, rewards, nothing! except waiving a re-stocking fee and waiving an upgrade fee? is that the best you can do Verizon? what's the incentive to stay with your company? I don't have a contract with you. are you aware your policies with the note 7 have caused your customers to buy phone services from your competitors? why are you making this process so difficult!?

Re: Galaxy Note 7
Weth
Legend

shlub wrote:

Verizon charges an extra $20 more per month if I buy a phone from another vendor, i get penalized for not buying through Verizon

The $20 charge more per month if you buy somewhere else is not true. 

You can buy a phone anywhere and not get charged extra on Verizon.

if you buy a subsidized phone on 2 year contract from Verizon or anywhere, then you get the $20 charge to pay back the subsidizd price. 

pherson
Champion - Level 1

There is a process to be followed fir you and everyone else who had to return the phone, no exceptions.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FedEx usually requires they make one delivery attempt before you can put the package on hold for pickup at the service center. At least that's my experience with packages sent to me via FedEx. Otherwise I would arrange to have the packages send to my work address if I didn't want to wait to pick it up.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shlub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really? a process? how about admitting the process sucks and that all note 7 owners should be compensated for wasted time, aggravation, etc. if Samsung wanted to retain it's customers, they should have offered the galaxy s7 free of charge for note 7 owners.  And I'm not the only one who thinks this. Forbes had an article as to how Samsung could restore consumer confidence. one of the solutions suggested were free galaxy s7's!!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

It doesn't work that way. It's just a phone. A phone is not a necessity; it's a luxury. A smart phone DEFINITELY is not a necessity; a basic phone and a pen and paper will do just fine. #firstworldproblems

0 Likes
shlub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I worked for FedEx in college. you can place a hold without a delivery attempt. you can post a note on your door for the phone to be left buy i wouldn't expect the courier to leave the phone. FedEx needs a signature. I never ever left a phone in front of a door, step, garage, whatever. work isn't an option. I would have gone that route.

shlub
Enthusiast - Level 2

in the 80's a cell phone was a luxury item. the economics of cell phones have changed. they are more than just a phone. And yes, it should work that way. Samsung's stock price plummeted by 20% over a phone. Investors think that way. Verizon's stock price is down as well. If you had stock in either company as an investor, you would want the company to keep it's customer base and continue to increase it. Yeah, it matters. You want to try again?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well considering I tried to put a hold on my last phone I had delivered through FedEx and they wouldn't let me do it because of the shipping instructions placed by the company where it was shipped from. That package required a signature as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I imagine my response will depend on how well you trust your local FedEx service.  I ordered the 7 via online.  When I got notification of the intended delivery, I pre-signed for the delivery simply by taping a signed note on my front door, something to the effect of "Please accept the signature below as signature release for package, tracking number XXXXX.  Please leave package on back porch (or enter your preferred location obviously).

I actually had two packages delivered like that, an iPad, and a week later the Note 7.  One delivery person followed directions and left the iPad on the back porch, the other put it on the front porch but behind the banister (white vinyl) so it wasn't readily visible.  Now, I live on a very busy main route and have found deliveries are actually very secure even on my front porch, but I have a few elderly, and thankfully somewhat nosy, neighbors who wouldn't think twice to call the police if someone tried to remove something from the porch.