Re: Galaxy Note 8 Trade-In Promotion - Scam?
Slingshot91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I loved my Note series. When the Note 7 came out I was excited and got one for myself and my wife. And like most of you, went through two recalls. The first recall we went back to our old phones while we waited for the replacements. The second recall they pushed new phones and we ended up with S7E(s). I really don't care for it. Now this promo comes out and Samsung thinks they are making it "Right".  Not even close bud!

I spoke to both Verizon on the phone and went into my Verizon store to see if I would get the same answer and I did. We have to ante up and pay off the phones first before the upgrade to the Note 8 or go through Samsung for that offer.

After looking into it, unless Samsung or Verizon comes up with a better offer, I'll hold where I am. As much as I would love to get back into the Note Series, I'm not willing to jump at any of these sad offers just to have a Note 8. I'm sure they will bag some people because they just have to have it, but not this kid.

ANDMAU89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will throw my comments into the ring as well. I, like many others, had to take an S7E that I didn't want under the pretense that I'd be able to get away from it. I couldn't get my N4 back due to trade in. Now that getting out of the S7E doesn't appear to be reasonably doable, I'm pretty unhappy with Verizon and Samsung. I'm a long time customer of both and my expectation is they both will get together to make this right. I want upgrade forgiveness for my S7E so I can get to the N8 without a huge cash outlay. I don't need the discount on the N8 unless it can be applied to my S7E buyout. I'm hopeful this will happen eventually but if not I'll consider leaving Verizon since 4G data usage isn't a major concern in my daily use case. I'm hoping that enough voices will be enough pressure. We'll see...

KimhatesthePixel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with the scam as well... I got the Pixel XL because it was recommended to me by the Verizon dealer at the time after my Note was recalled for the 2nd time.  I still owe $549 for the stupid Pixel XL and I can't get an upgrade because they used it for the recall when I had to get the Pixel XL.  Now after speaking with Verizon and Samsung's Supervisors they say that I have to pay off the $549 for the Pixel XL and then I can buy the new Note at a discount with $425 off. Sill costing over $500.  So I was still a little confused.  So I spelled it out as clear as I could to make sure I was understanding properly.  I would have to pay basically $900+ out of my own pocket to get the new Note.  That is not any kind of, "Special treatment thank you for being a loyal customer and we are soooo sorry for the 2 phones we had to recall and the new phone that you had to get that you hate compensation." kind of deal...  I just want my Note back that I loved so much!!!!  Does anyone have any solutions so far???

Please let me know!

MURPH622
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not to mention the inconvenience I had to go through to return the note 7, not once, but twice. I ended up with the 7 Edge, which by the way has to be the worse Samsung phone I have owned. Everyone complains they can not hear me speaking no matter where I am. They say it sounds like I am under water and now I am stuck with this for another 14 months. No one explained to me beginning Sept 2016 you had to pay the balance 100% in order to upgrade. Loved my Note 7 should have kept it.

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

You couldn't have kept the Note 7, it wouldn't have done any good,

because Samsung announced after the final recall that they were doing a

software update and the phone would not be operable after that.

DAVLAN6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spoken with 3 different people since June. All three have said that, after checking with management, they will, at the very least, treat my s7e as a model eligible for the pay off 50% trade in policy that my wife's iphone qualifies for. In June, Samsung USA was on record saying they felt they had done enough for us note 7 owners. 1 week ago, they changes their time. During my last call on the 24th to Verizon, they told me they are actively working on a buy-back-foegiveness program for those of us that got hosed by the note 7s. They reaffirmed my ability to do the 50% deal, if I really wanted to order the note 8. I told them I would wait until I knew what the forgiveness program entailed. Since the new notes won't ship from Samsung until 9/14, I don't mind waiting another week or so.

MonroeB

They simply can't do that because of the cost of the Note 8 being it's $960.00. The S7E came out at 779.00, I don't know what you guys paid when you got it after the Note 7 fiasco. This is the main reason why Samsung or Verizon won't just let it be a fair trade, loss of money would be huge. I didn't buy the Note 7 I never buy new phone right away and for good reason, I still have my note 5 I waited 5 months to buy and it's been a perfect phone, I will buy the Note 8 when it comes out in Maple Gold in the US if it doesn't then I'll wait for the Note 9 and hope they will release that in better colors. If I were you guys wait just a bit more to see this version is safe this time, go directly with Samsung their deal is better no matter how you look at it.

0 Likes
MonroeB

Good luck with T-Mobile and their bad service, you'll wish you never left Verizon. Give Verizon an extra week after shipment of the Note 8 their coming out with a forgiveness program, don't give up yet.

0 Likes
TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

My son has T-Mobile - works just as well as my Verizon service, only much faster D/L speeds.

TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

The entire concept of a trade-in promotion paid out over 24 months is a scam. It's designed to not pay out the full value, knowing most folks don't go two years with a phone. Give the full value up front toward the new phone.