Galaxy Note Edge update to Marshmallow fails
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, not rooted. It's currently on Lollipop 5.0.1. I've never been pushed any updates between that and Marshamallow. I am trying to update it to Marshmallow now, but it fails within the first minute. The error code is 404. Normally, a 404 error is for a webpage unavailable. Is that the same thing here? If so, when might it be resolved so I can update? If not, what can I do to fix the issue? I am using a wireless connection and my battery is fully charged, btw.

Re: Galaxy Note Edge update to Marshmallow fails
RGENTRY23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same problem. I've tried OTA and while connected to my computer via software upgrade assistant. The phone says update available, it will download it and try to install, but install fails due to "error 404". The upgrade assistant on my computer tells me the phone is up to date and does not need an upgrade.

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Unfortunately, Verizon doesn't seem to care, since there hasn't even been a peep out of them about it. I'm not all that surprised at that, however. Sad, when you just expect that issues will be ignored.

0 Likes
RGENTRY23
Enthusiast - Level 1

chatted online with Samsung tech...after trying a couple of things and still no update, they suggested going to a local Best Buy and speaking to someone at their Samsung Experience Shop. They have "smart tools" which should be able to update the phone. Worth a try.

m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder if they could do it at a Verizon store. I have one on my way home from work. Just hate going in there since it's always a zoo.

0 Likes
CRMANDY

I am also having the same issue I have tried 4 times

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think the Verizon store will always have the means or knowhow to reflash the update on the phone like the dedicated Samsung stores would have.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I'd hardly call Best Buy a dedicated Samsung store. But it may be my most reasonable option.

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

read something about it being due to Amazon apps being turned off.

0 Likes
MotoDroid2Usr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I turned on all apps I had turned off under Applications and the update still failed. I'm now doing a factory data reset to see if that rectifies the situation. Will post back with results.

0 Likes