Re: Galaxy Note Edge update to Marshmallow fails
MotoDroid2Usr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Performed factory data reset. Update is now installing. It's a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] that we shouldn't have to deal with, but seems to be the only solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that your phone has the most recent software. Our apologies that you’re having a difficult time with the update. Please keep us posted with the results of your Factory Reset.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what that would have to do with it. Can't really turn them off anyway - only uninstall them. I tried googling but all I found was refercences to amazon apps not updating after marshmallow upgrade.

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Previous response was in reply to spoiler.

I sure hope that doing a factory reset is not going to be the answer! Yes, my stuff is backed up, but that's beside the point. It's a hassle to then have to go and get everything re-downloaded, etc.

And boy, it would be nice if there were something more from Verizon other than "sorry you're having a problem". How about actually looking into it? Maybe trying to figure out WHY there's a problem instead of us having to jump through all of these hoops, trying this that and the other?  What does my error code 404 mean? Why is it broken?

0 Likes
MDIN50

Same issues here. I did a factory reset and no help. I chatted with Verizon Wireless and Samsung and can't get the software upgrade function to work. I did go to Best Buy thinking they could take care of the problem (this is what someone at VZ call center suggested). I spent an hour waiting for them to download the software and then update my phone only to find out it was the March 2016 security update! Samsung does not have the Marshmallow update from Verizon yet. Guy tells me there may be some "instabilities" and that is why Samsung may not have it........

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I, too, went to the Samsung site, and noticed that Verizon's was the one missing. Not sure why VZW is consistently last but it seems to be standard.

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

Besides the amazon music app (theory is because it is removed in 6.0 it must be active)  also try settings - storage - clear cache.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help, M00nbeam. We want you to have a positive customer service experience. If you would like to take it to a Verizon store to have them look at your device, make sure that it is a corporate location. Corporate locations have tecnicians at their locations. You may be able to schedule an appointment to awoid any wait time. Here is a link to help find a store near you: http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/. Make sure that you check the box that says, Do not include Authorized Retailers.

RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I might believe that Verizon wants me to have a "positive customer service experience" if I were seeing that Verizon acknowledged there was a problem and what they were doing to correct it. Instead, all I see in Google searches are people reporting problems or articles about how Verizon finally released Marshmallow. Only it's not really available for everyone 😞  If there is an issue with the update, then why tell us there is one at all? And, all that's being suggested is to take your phone to a Verizon or Samsung store or try a factory reset. These aren't really solutions to me, and I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way. It's like saying you can have a treat IF you just climb up Mt. Everest first.

I'm not trying to pick on the reps that post here. But it's disheartening to hear nothing but canned platitudes. I want to know that the issues we report here are being rolled up to the developers or whoever can fix the problems. Unfortunately, I just don't think that happens. So, I guess posting here is largely a waste of time. 😞

0 Likes
ridgback
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm the following:  it failed several times for me as well with error code 404. So today after googling, I went into settings storage and deleted the cache.  Then I went to applications and force stopped all amazon (music, shopping, and kindle) apps.  Then re-ran setup, which then worked.  I did all amazon apps to be safe, though folks are saying it might just be the music one.  But this absolutely worked for me just now.