Re: Galaxy Note II Communication and/or Connection Problems
sandiablo

I'm experiencing the same problem on two Galaxy Note II devices using 3 Verizon SIM cards.

This is what I've tried so far.

Verizon SIM card 1 in Galaxy Note II = Error message "No Network Connection": No signal found for mobile networks.

Verizon SIM card 2 in Galaxy Note II = Error message "No Network Connection": No signal found for mobile networks.

Verizon SIM card 3 in Galaxy Note II = Error message "No Network Connection": No signal found for mobile networks.

AT&T SIM card in Galaxy Note II = Mobile Data functional. No problems found.

Verizon SIM card 2 in Motorola Droid Razr Max = Mobile Data functional. No problems found.

Verizon SIM card 3 in Motorola Droid Razr Max = Mobile Data functional. No problems found.

Conclusion:

It's the Samsung Galaxy Note II. I think it has problems with Verizon.

On another note, I noticed that the only two networks stated in the phone networks sections is AT&T and US. I think Verizon should be there right?

0 Likes
MScafetta

This is the exact problem I am having!  I think Verizon is restricting our access in areas of high usage. They said the network in my area should be fine although i haven't been able to test any other Verizon 4G devices in my apartment.

This issue just started for me about 7-10 days ago around the end of my first billing cycle with my note 2. Very suspicious!

My connection to 4G used to be excellent in my apartment.  Before I started having problems I was able to easily pull up to 15Mbps for the duration of the battery with very minimal connection losses or none at all.

My main issue is staying connected to a working 4G connection.  If i can get it to connect to 4G at all (usually after a restart or bettery pull) it will work for about 5 minutes then not work anymore.  The 4G icon will still be displayed in the status bar but the arrows will not light up and no apps or anything else requiring data will work.  Eventually (maybe 20 minutes or more) it will switch to 3G and i will have a decent connection (about 1.5Mbps) but this is not what i am paying for and is unacceptable.

My phone will only have the issue when I am at home which is the location where I use the most data (in excess of 70GB/month).  My phone seems to work flawlessly everywhere else though.  Strangely, this still occurs when the gps and all location services are turned off but i assume Verizon still knows where you are based on which towers you are pulling from.

I recently OTA updated to the new 4.1.2 and its still not fixed!!! i am having the exact same issues still!!!!!

I still am supposed to try a factory reset but i really don't want to lose all my data and have to re-install everything, especially since I doubt it will fix anything.

PLEASE FIX THIS VERIZON OR I WILL NOT PAY MY BILL!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to get the speed you need, MScafetta. With the use of a 4G device, our Network Optimization http://vz.to/16IoC5f doesn't go into effect, so we are not limiting your usage. Have you tried removing and reinserting your SIM to refresh your phone's connection with our network in addition to the battery pull you already completed? Do you remember downloading any new application within a few days of this trouble happening? Do you have any battery saver, task killer, or antivirus applications installed? Removing apps http://vz.to/18IB8OQ like that or sometimes the most recent few apps can resolve connection trouble without the need to reset your phone completely.

You mentioned your phone works flawlessly anywhere except inside of your apartment. Please keep in mind indoor service can be a bit tricky to get past the building interference and the Network Extender http://bit.ly/AKkC is a great way to get past that indoor limitation and bring great coverage indoors.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
pjjoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar problem with my service and Note II. I had used *228 (now I know not to use that anymore) and it worked for a while, then I couldn't get 4G at all so Verizon recommended bringing it in for a SIM card swap and that seems to have solved the problems. I can use phone at home with WI-FI, it automatically switches to it when I'm home then goes to 3G or 4G depending on the area I'm in.

I had a problem where I had 3 bars or less of 3G coverage and it wouldn't connect to the network at all. Verizon advised me to turn off my WI-FI on the Note II and then it connected with 3G fine. So I think it depends on the strength of the 3G (maybe 4g, not sure on that) for connection to internet and interference with the internal Wi-fi on the Note II.

0 Likes
MScafetta

PROBLEM SOLVED! factory reset did the trick! Back to full enjoyment of my note 2!

0 Likes
fbrn17

I have the same issues. When I am outside it will connect to 4G but inside it goes to 3G. My wife's RAZR max stays on 4G and the S3 my sister in law has stays on 4G. Mine is the only one that switches to 3G. I am very disappointed in the signal strength of this phone. Is the only cure a full reset? And if that does not work then do I have to get a replacement? I have had horrible problems with replacement phones.

0 Likes