Galaxy Note series phones
Choateberry

Has Verizon stopped production and support of the Galaxy Note phones? We have a Note 3 & 4 in the family and were waiting on the 7 to upgrade, but since production was halted and they were recalled, what's next? I can't even find the Note 6 for sale on Verizon's website.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note series phones
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Samsung bypassed the Note 6 name; the Note 7 was the 6th in sequence but they changed the name to Note 7 to coincide and match the name with the S7 and S7 Edge.

Support for the Notes should be ongoing...only the 7 is unsupported and will be completely DC is able on 5 Jan I believe; that is when Verizon is pushing out the update from Samsung.

mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon has nothing to do with production.  Verizon provides cell phone service and is a retail sales outlet for phones.

Samsung has discovered where they went wrong with the Note 7 so they can correct the problem next time around.  Samsung will surely have a new device with a stylus next year.   Rumor is the Note name may be replaced. 

The Note series was the original Note, Note 2, Note 3, 4, 5 and the flammable 7.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

"DC is able" should have been "disabled;"  I didn't catch the error on my phone Smiley Happy

0 Likes