Re: Galaxy note 7 refund?
lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

On social media is where I got that response, So I have no idea how much more information you need.

0 Likes
TARAOH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have yet to receive my refund. My verizon account shows that Verizon received my Note 7 in November but the refund has yet to show up in my account. It would be great if someone could let me know the timeline.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

The refund or the credit?  The refund will go back to your original form of payment to include cost of the phone, upgrade fees and taxes.  The credit, which is the Samsung incentive credit, will go to the Verizon account and from my and others' experiences, seems to be hitting on the first day of the start of the fourth billing cycle following the date you exchanged the Note for another phone.

I don't believe the return date of the physical phone fires the refund or credit.  I got my refund two weeks before I got the box to return the phone and my credit hit my account only a days or so after I sent the phone back.  I know, by tracking, that the warehouse didn't receive the physical phone back until three days after the credit hit.

RBUSHEY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also returned my note 7 through the recall and got the s7 edge back in October, now it is going on the end of February and I have still not seen the $25 or $100 incentive for returning it. I hated returning the phone as it was because I loved it, but to offer an incentive and not follow through makes me really angry.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Contact customer service via the chat...those reps tend to have the most up to date information.  Don't give up and have all of your paperwork handy to help.

MECHDILO
Enthusiast - Level 3

I returned the note 7 and exchanged for S7 (edge was on longer at store) back in October. I received the loyalty credit of $25 for and $100 in December.

TARAOH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent my Note 7 back to them in November 2016, I have yet to receive a refund credit or ANYTHING! I think Verizon is just keeping the money they received from Samsung because when I called Samsung they stated that they reimbursed Verizon for EACH phone. So they HAVE MY MONEY and are just a GREEDY [removed] company I can take you to the VERIZON store where Myself and my ex, went to buy the [removed] phone and I have a witness. Probably on the store's video as well! BTW, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR RECEIPT, BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN.  But that does not matter.

FYI to anyone interested, there is a class action lawsuit being filed in New Jersey at the moment and I am going to join it. I've gotten nothing but the run around anytime I've spoken to anyone at verizon. I am out the cost of 2 brand new phones because like a responsible adult, I save my money and purchase them outright instead of buying everything on credit and now I getting [removed] over for being a loyal Verizon/Samsung customer for the last 10-15 years. No More! [removed] You!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

bobb2314
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having, what sounds like a similar, problem with my Note 7 return/exchange.  I had two Note 7's on my account which I "exchanged" for two galaxy S7 Edge devices.  Both Note 7's were purchased directly from Verizon & returned to Verizon in their fireproof boxes (Verizon has confirmed receipt) & It’s now been 4 months since they’ve been returned. 

I have not received a refund for the devices or the $100 Samsung credit.  Actually, just 1 hour ago, an email with the results of payment investigation #PH2149964 came in, where, it appears, that cost of half price of one device has been applied to my account ($382.07). 

Before I processed the device “upgrade”, I chatted with several Verizon reps to in an attempt to clarify the exchange process, as well as to verify that I would be receiving the full device amount, as a refund during this process, so that this money could them be used to pay off the exchanged device (S7 Edge).  This was kind of the whole point of the Note 7 recall and device EXCHANGE program.   I've kept all logs of these chats where I was assured that “I’d be fine,”  and regarding an even change of devices that I’m “good to go”, and a response to "I will be receiving the full amount of the device as a refund” being met with “yep”, and “yes”  is is generally accepted as definitive acknowledgment by the company representative

To add to the confusion, 11/17/16 I received a Verizon email stating:

"We processed your refund due to the recent recall of your purchased Samsung Note7. You will receive a check in 2-3 weeks for the amount of $764.14, which includes the purchase price of the device, any purchased Note7 accessories, and any fees paid during your upgrade or exchange."

Exchanging my two Note 7 devices for two galaxy S7 Edge devices, at no cost to me, is not an unreasonable request.  Evidently, millions of other Note 7 owners were able to make that happen.  I’m really wondering why that can’t be the case as well for a customer who’s been with Verizon since 2005.   In lieu of a refund, I’d even be willing to accept that the device payment plan(s) stopped and deemed paid in full for both phones ( aka, like I’d exchanged one device for another device since it was deemed defective) and have the payment amounts I've made thus far, applied to my monthly plan fees.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bobb2314, your patience so far is greatly appreciated.  We want to  make sure that any issues that occurred during the exchange process are  corrected.  It can often involve many steps and we also want to  minimize any confusion.  Let’s work together to get this resolved.  We  sent you a private message regarding getting this issue resolved.   Please respond back to the private message only.  Thank you.

SEANC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes