Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glaxy Note II auto correct text feature gone?
magneticfusion

Guys

I noticed that for my text correction I'm unable to select the option that will automatically select the correct word on auto correct when texting. The words pop up but I have to manually select the word. I want to be able to hit space and it fill in the correct word for me. Its quite annoying I have to look at what I'm typing now to see if I spelled the word correctly and if not select the correct word. My text messages are taking twice as long to send now. I don't want to use a 3rd party app like Go Keyboard because I like how Samsung has now put the numbers on top of the keys instead of having to select the SYM button. I notice other versions of Android this option was a check box but now my options seem limited for the auto correct on Jelly Bean or could be the Touch Wiz UI. Any suggestions on this would be great!

0 Likes
Re: Glaxy Note II auto correct text feature gone?
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

That's a Samsung thing. The S3 with the next update does the same thing. The Note 2 on other carriers do this. Personally I like this implementation because I use a lot of short code for my work and it's easier to type and put the words in user dictionary than the stock Android implementation.

Your best bet is to send Samsung an enhancement request.

0 Likes
Re: Glaxy Note II auto correct text feature gone?
magneticfusion

Awesome I didn't know I could contact Samsung and try to get an enhancement. I'll have to definitely check on this. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes