Good experience exchanging Note 7
Cejais
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love my Note 7 but I am not waiting for them to resolve this second issue, the note 7 is a cursed model, I will wait for the Note 8 to come out.... But today I actually had a good experience this morning at the Verizon Store.  I took my Replacement Note 7 in, said I wanted a refund  and to Pre-order the Pixel XL (Ya, its not a Samsung but it has spec's closest to the Note 7 but no Pen)...  30 minutes later it was all done.  No extra fees, no additional charges, No restocking.  The sales rep knew what to do, was efficient and quick!

0 Likes
Re: Good experience exchanging Note 7
STEETT16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, but did they refund your accessories?  between the Otter box and screen saver, I'm in for about 60 bucks.  This on top of the screen saver I bought for the temporary phone waiting for my replacement.

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

So the store took your phone? I thought it had to be mailed in. Hmm

0 Likes
VICLAV24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had no good experiences at the stores. I usually just order everything online, but this time around it is crazy awful, the instructions they sent via text does not work, at least not if you already have the "udpated" Note 7.

0 Likes
underoath218
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you bought the accessories there then, according to the information about the Note 7 exchange, you are supposed to be able to bring back any accessories that were for the device for a full refund.  Asked that question to a store rep today and they said I would be able to bring back any accessories, which the only one I have is the wireless charging unit.

0 Likes
underoath218
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I'm going to get the GP XL also.  Not sure what's going to happen with the LG V20 and I was really torn between the two, so I'm just going to pull the trigger.  One quick question though.  You didn't have any problems with exchanging the Note 7 in-store?  I am still not sure what the final say is here, but I would much rather give it to them instead of ordering online.  Plus, I need to reactivate a phone while I'm there and would just rather let them do it.  Not that I can't, just that I want this exchange to go as close to flawless as possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not what we like to hear. What occurred when visiting these locations may we ask? We want to submit your feedback so we can improve. KleoL_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
judymcb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another good experience

Yesterday, Tuesday, I received a text from Verizon stating that the most efficient way to replace my Note 7 (#2 as I had already exchanged the first one) was to do so online rather than visiting a store. So I went into my account and sure enough my Note 7 was listed as being ready for an upgrade. I selected a S7 Edge, added it to my cart and went to check out. And there was a $40 upgrade fee added to the cost of the phone. Called *611 which goes straight to Verizon's customer service. Explained my situation to a customer rep. named Deena. She removed the charge, placed the order and I should receive my 3rd new phone next week. I had also spent about $30 on a screen protector and a case at Amazon.She said that when my new phone arrived, to take my Amazon receipts and my Note 7 to my Verizon store and I would be reimbursed for both. That's my story.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're happy to hear everything was taken care of. If you need any assistance, please let us know. 

0 Likes
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like you are the exception.