Group Messaging between Verizon and Sprint Note 4s with Message+ is broken.
BeardedGamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Group Messages from my (and my wife's) Verizon Note 4 to a friends Note 4 (on Sprint) just show up as sender's name and "<time> MMS" e.x. "Fred: 11:11 PM MMS". They get no body text. They can send to us fine. My son's (Verizon) iPhone 4s sees everything from everyone. Help!?

Verizon

A: (me) Note 4 using the Verizon Message+ App

B: (wife) Note 4 using the Verizon Message+ App

C: (son) iPhone 4s

Sprint

😧 (friend) Note 4 using the Samsung Messaging App

E: (friend) Note 4 using the Samsung Messaging App

A or B sends a text to the group only A, B and C see it correctly. D and E only see the sender's name, the time, and "MMS" no message.

C, D or E sends to the group everyone sees it.

I changed my Note 4 to use the Samsung Messaging App and everyone sees it. It looks like Verizon's Message+ has a bug.

Suggestions?

Re: Group Messaging between Verizon and Sprint Note 4s with Message is broken.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeardedGamer,

This is an odd issue! Does this only happen with other Note 4 users? Can you and your wife send messages to each other via Verizon Messages and see them just fine? Also, is this only in a group message setting or does it behave the same if you send a message to them singularly?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging between Verizon and Sprint Note 4s with Message  is broken.
BeardedGamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

My friends only have those Note 4, so that's all we've seen it with. Everyone on the Verizon network sees the message, only those on Sprint do not. Single messaging to those on Sprint works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeardedGamer.

Thanks for that information. Do your friends have any settings on their end that stop group messages? Are they able to view group messages if you sent it via hangouts or the native Messages app?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
BeardedGamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got these Note 4's on Sunday. Last week we exchanged group texts just fine. I had Droid3 last week. They haven't changed any settings. When I use Message+ they don't get then. When I use Samsung's Messaging app they get them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeardedGamer, congratulations on your uprgades to new Samsung Note 4's. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you're unable to send group messages? If so, disable Wi-Fi, connect to our network and try to send a test group message. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
BeardedGamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am connected to Wi-Fi at home, but I'm not certain I would classify this as unable to send. Because as I said earlier, When "A or B sends a text to the group only A, B and C see it correctly. D and E only see the sender's name, the time, and "MMS" no message." So, when A sends, both B and C see it, just D and E get nothing but a time and "MMS."

After I switched both mine and my wife's phones to Samsung's Messaging, whose texts were both able to be read successfully, I switched back to Message+ and the Verizon app now sends readable texts as well.

Hope you find the information I've provided is helpful in tracking down the bug in Message+.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
BeardedGamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday evening, I again tried to send a group text using Message+ and it only delivered "MMS" to the folks on Sprint. I switched back to Samsung Messaging and it was delivered fine.

There is an intermittent bug in Message+. I kinda like the app, but if it isn't reliable I'll want to uninstall it.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging between Verizon and Sprint Note 4s with Message+ is broken.
nrjohnson92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like it may be a bug in the app, but a few things you might try:

Go to Settings > Applications > Application manager > All. Scroll through the list to find the Message+ app. Tap it. Tap Clear Data, Clear Cache, and Force Stop. Restart your phone and see if you can send MMS via Messages+ to the Sprint users.

Disable WiFi and send messages over your cellular data connection.

0 Likes
Re: Group Messaging between Verizon and Sprint Note 4s with Message+ is broken.
BeardedGamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, just followed your instructions. Only thing is, the app has demonstrated, it can't, it can, then it can't. I won't know if it did the trick for a while.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes