Group Texting Issues on Samsung Note 10
TFig

I am also having horrible issues with group texting.  I have a group text with 4 other people. Doesn't matter if it's iPhone users or Android users I am texting with.    Sometimes when I send a text in the group, 3 of the users will get it in the group conversation but 1 of them will get it as an individual text.  The next time I text, all 4 get it in the group. Seems my text is always received one way or another but lots of people are telling me that the text I just sent came up as an individual text to them when I responded to the group text.  The others in the group do not see my text.  This is with any group. Separate group, different people, same thing.  I have erased all my text strings to start fresh but didn't improve.  I am using the Messages app on my Samsung Note 10.  Not sure what the issue is but it is VERY FRUSTRATING

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Texting Issues on Samsung Note 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to be frustrated using our services, TFig. Let's gather some additional details to see what's causing this. Is it always the same person who gets detached from the group message and receives an individual message, or does it happen randomly with all participants? If you go to Messages, then choose Settings (three dots at the top right), More Settings, then MultiMedia messages, is Group conversations turned on or off?

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
TFig

It seems to be random as I have numerous people tell me my text came back as an individual not group text.  Under MULTIMEDIA MESSAGES settings the Group Conversations is off.  I do have CONVERSATIONS CATEGORIES on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it, thanks you so much for the details. We want to be sure that you get the most out of your texting. What happens if you turn off Conversations categories?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
TFig

No change.  Is there a way to set my Message settings to factory default without setting my entire phone to factory settings?  If not, can you possibly provide me with the correct toggle settings that may apply to this issue all at once so I don't have to wait for a reply back and forth?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry that didn't help at all. There is not a way to factory reset the app completely. You can force stop it, but that doesn't "reset" the app. And what are you referring to as the toggle settings? 

0 Likes