Has Verizon Downgraded it Network?
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

First, I've been a Verizon customer for more then 20 years (when it was Bell Atlantic and cell phones came in big bags).  I have always bragged about rarely dropping calls and Verizon's cell coverage.  I have lived in my home for nearly 7 years and have always used my cellphone to make and receive calls, text etc...with little problem in nearly all areas of my house.  In the last few months, however, the opposite is true...most areas of my house are now dead zones and they seem to be ever increasing.  There's been no changes in or around my house, so my only conclusion is Verizon's service has downgraded.  It's come to a point I can no longer relay on my cellphone in my home and am contemplating after so many years whether I need to find another provider...Has anyone else noticed changes in the quality of their service?

0 Likes
Re: Has Verizon Downgraded it Network?
harleydavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm assuming since your posting in the note 3 forum that is what your using. Anyway your Note 3 probably updated to KitKat in May and well if you take 5 minutes to look at this forum you'll understand why.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nerd4mit We cetailny would not want to lose your business after 20 great years . We defintiely want to get to the bottom of the service issue. First, what zip code are you experiencing the problmes in? Have you recently reached out to our technical support team to discuss the service issues?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

My zip is 20707 but it appears my issue may relate to the issues with the galaxy note 3. I basically can not use my cellphone in my home.  People call me but calls don't come through at all. I can't send texts in most places in my home. This is extremely distressing and it's disturbing to see all the comments that the fixes others have been told don't work. I'm basically paying for no phone service in my home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@nerd4mit

I want to ensure we can determine what's causing the service problems in your home.  I would like to ask you one more question.  How is service with your device when you're outdoors at your home?  Are you able to maintain a signal, make and receive calls when outside?  I just want to see if this could be a network related issue.  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is this in response to my ticket?  I spoke with Jennifer a week ago and thought I had given her all the information needed.  Please advise.  She said I should be getting a call or message with some sort of assessment. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get to the bottom of this and wanted to be clear with what is going on with  your issues. I definitely want to find out what happened with that ticket! Do you happen to have the ticket number? Is the ticket for the same zipcode you mentioned?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  I got a text this week saying its still be investigated.  Ticket#NRB000007255202.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your patience with waiting for this ticket to be resolved! I do see that our team is still working on this ticket. Once this ticket is resolved someone will be  in contact with you to go over the details. Thanks so much for being so diligent in keeping tabs on this!

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
Timberjack

I'm having the same issues with my Note 3 since May 2014, in the same areas that l have had no problems in before.  I rarely get 4G service, poor reception everywhere not just at home, sometimes not able to access the Web at all

0 Likes