Help -- Battery dying quickly since 5.01 update
photomu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Over the past few days, I noticed my battery is dying quickly - even when I've barely used it.  I'll unplug the phone and 3-4 hours later, it's at 50% even though I've made no calls or used any data.  

It shows that Caller Name ID is consuming the vast majority of the battery.  I'm not a subscriber to that service so maybe I should simply disable it?

I have Fast Charging turned on, btw...and leave it plugged in over night.  Maybe I shouldn't be using Fast Charging. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: Help -- Battery dying quickly since 5.01 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to get your battery life back to normal. You have good instincts with Caller Name ID. If you are not using it, disabling it would be a good place to start. Lets charge the phone up completely. You can then put the phone in safe mode http://spr.ly/6587BGCk1 for a day to see if it is lasting longer once we take 3rd party apps out of the equation.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bcsmith488
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you go to 'Settings'>'Battery' under the Device section, you can see which applications are using the largest percentages of your battery. Are there any in particular that seem to be dominating the battery usage?

0 Likes
photomu
Enthusiast - Level 3

bcsmith488  The biggest is the Caller Name ID...at maybe 14% (more than Android system).

The rest are all very tiny... like 1%.

0 Likes
bcsmith488
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems fairly significant. My phone doesn't even list the Caller Name ID in the list of battery-using applications. Is that a 3rd party application or a system application? If it's 3rd party, I would recommend clearing the app data, force stopping it and uninstall it. Then you'll want to turn your phone off (and remove the battery) and restart it. If it is a system application, there probably won't be an option to uninstall it, in which case just clear data, force stop, disable, and turn off, remove battery, etc.

0 Likes
photomu
Enthusiast - Level 3

bcsmith488 Mine didn't have it either (I think) but it doesn't now.  It's clearly a verizon app based on the logos/colors. 

0 Likes
bcsmith488
Enthusiast - Level 2

It could be. Either way, I recommend clearing the app data, force stop, and disable. Then power off the phone, remove battery, and restart the phone. After you've restarted the phone, use it a while for some battery statistics to gather, and then check the battery usage again.

0 Likes