Help My Note 3 will note charge.
Melw29

So I just got my note 3 in Feb and when I try to charge it it says to use the charger that can with it! I called Verizon and after being on the phone for over 30mins the rep said that I could go into the store and exchange chargers Or she could send me a refurbished , but I don't think its fair that after less than 30 days I have to get a refurbished phone.

Anyway. I go in the store and the guy said we dont have chargers in here. Smh.... I had to repeat several times that when i called tech supoort they told me to come into the store, etc finally he went back and got me a charger.. It took me almost 5 hours to get the phone I dont want a refurbished.  Can someone help please?  Sorry to unload but its just been an ordeal.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help My Note 3 will note charge.
ladyjaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there!

I had this problem. You will have to file a claim through Samsung and get a new charger. Samsung will have you to download a return label and send the old one back. In the meantime if you have a old micro usb charger use that and it will charge the phone. This is a huge issue with these phones. It's all over the internet about it.http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-3/368668-note-3-slow-charging-sometimes...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ladyjaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there!

I had this problem. You will have to file a claim through Samsung and get a new charger. Samsung will have you to download a return label and send the old one back. In the meantime if you have a old micro usb charger use that and it will charge the phone. This is a huge issue with these phones. It's all over the internet about it.http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-3/368668-note-3-slow-charging-sometimes...

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Had the very same issue although I bought mine new at another source and  they exchanged 3 times with brand new complete phones until I got one that worked . you can still use a old style charger just takes a bit longer but for that kinda money even I chose not to use it I still want it to work. so far I love it .I came from a 2 year old razr maxx that still works as good as new but either it started shrinking or maybe idont see as well as I used too . Whatever the case is I can certainly see the note 3.                                                                                                                               Jesse

0 Likes
Hexa

I've spent countless hours and now going on device #5 all with the same problem. It isn't the cable. Its a design flaw with this device. I'm going to start raising hell with Samsung on Monday because VZW is now sending me their refurbished junk with the exact same issue which is simply not acceptable.

0 Likes
bjwilliamscpa

I had the same issues with my Note 3 and Verizon sent me a refurbished phone that when plugged in gave the same error message.  Luckily I didn't activate the referbished phone or transfer any data to it when I figured this out.

I called Verizon customer service and asked them to send me a regular usb charger that plugs in the wall since my car charger works fine.  They did- at no extra cost and I returned the refurbished phone.  My phone charged up very quickly so hopefully this will continue to work.

0 Likes