Help me un GREY the settings feature in the desk Verizon cloud app
Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

First post so bear with me please. Secondly I had to choose a board and do not know how as I see not one that fits me so I choose the note one as I have the note 20 ultra but this issue is about a pc.  Please move this is you can or will. 

BTW how will I get notified of answers here? Okay, my issue is the Verizon Cloud App for PC. I have mine installed on a laptop with the latest version of win 10 pro. When I click the app on the taskbar or where ever that is called at bottom of the screen, I see the ... and they're one of the settings is "SETTINGS" but this setting is ALWAYS greyed out and I need to be able to access this feature. Now, this may sound dumb but earlier today when I was doing something unrelated to this and going to come back to this, somehow I triggered the settings dialogue to pop up on my screen! I know but I was not doing anything related to Verizon when it did so and not sure how it happened but this proves that it is accessible somehow. Now can someone tell me how to access this and un grey it or if not then the how to do that which I accidentally done today earlier and that is to get the dialogue to pop up some other way? Thank you Charlie

Labels (1)
Re: Help me un GREY the settings feature in the desk Verizon cloud app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gladhatter, we certainly want all of our features to work for you. We are here to help.

Have you tried reinstalling the Verizon Cloud app? What specific Setting are you looking for?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have reinstalled it several times last few days due to a blue screen issue unrelated to this and will happily reinstall again if need or wish to be.  I was looking to move the local directory for storage or cloud files ( to be really honest also remove the local storage as that is why I have the cloud and now with one drive and local storage that makes about 5 copies locally that I have of this but I digresss.  The other feature was the archive and again was looking only to relocate or at best remove local storage of the redundant.

Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, the features I wish to access in settings is irrelevant but again I digress.  Earlier today I attempted to post about this issue and gave a lot more info.  Earlier today when working on something unrelated to this I did something that caused the settings feature I mention here to POPUP on my screen.  Not sure what I done and am nearly positive it was not related directly to the app as I was on something else at the time related to my wifi.  Regardless the dialogue for the settings did popup and showed me that both features Isought were in settings.  Now I cannot duplicate what ever happened to get this settings dialogue to popup even if illegal I would take it.  I searched you directory for any file that may cause settings dialoge to appear and could not find one.  At least I know it is there and should work but how to make it work?  BTW I edited my registry manually and got the local directory move to work manually but the setting feature should still work and I wish it to do so and ask your help.

TY 

Charlie

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. Have you given permission to the program itself on your computer to run as administrator?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course, I have given it admin privileges.   How else can I help you to understand the nature of the failure of this app? 

Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW just reinstalled it again also. 

Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone at Verizon going to get an answer to this and reply?  

Gladhatter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could not give up!  I could smell a cure.  I finally realized that the cloud was sorta seeing this box via name server but still was not fully engaging.  I set it all up again and this time choose to wipe out the name sake it could see and renamed it to a new nick and then it fully engaged and started a sync relationship and allowed me full access to the settings dialogue that popped up some how earlier today on its own.  Any hoo now I wish to know if the customize feature of desired or recused folders will be limited to those max available none of which is what I wish to back up.   Will I get another swing at this?   Can I browse to and add any desired directories that I wish on this PC or am I to be limited to that stingy few???? 

I would mark this one correct answer but hope to hear from you on my above question and hope you can gain some new knowledge due to my finding this fix. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey, Gladhatter! Have you already reached out to the Verizon Cloud support team by emailing them at verizoncloud@verizon.com?

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes