Help with Hotspot advanced Settings (Note 4)
Gretz99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use my Hotspot on my Samsung Note 4 quite often...

I have my settings set to 2.4ghz and AUTO channel detection.

I know there are 11 channels available...is it best to just leave it on Auto or is there a tool available to see which Channel may be best to change to? I use my hotspot in a flea market and in the morning when it's not busy I can get as high as 50mbs....however, when the market gets busier with cell phone traffic my speeds drop dramatically.

So 2 questions....

-Would going to a specific hotspot channel help my data speeds during those high traffic times and what tool is out there (if any) that can help me determine what the best channel to go on to.

-Any tips on how I can increase my hotspot data speeds during these high traffic times (even if it's just an extra 2 or 3mbs faster)?

Any help is appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with Hotspot advanced Settings (Note 4)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are no channels for the tower. You would use the application to see what other wifi hotspots are active in your area.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The tower itself might be getting overloaded during the busy times especially if everyone else is using Verizon Wireless.

It might help and it might not.

Wifi Analyzer - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gretz99
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not using WiFi so not sure how the wifi analyzer would help with my phone's hotspot...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use the application to see what channels are being used during that busy time and use that to determine whether or not to assign a specific channel for your mobile hotspot.

Gretz99
Enthusiast - Level 1

How would I check the channels on a Verizon cellular tower?...I can see doing it on home internet but not from a Verizon tower...thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are no channels for the tower. You would use the application to see what other wifi hotspots are active in your area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gretz99, thanks for reaching out to the team. We definitely understand how speeds can slow down on congested towers. That is perfectly normal and cannot really be avoided. What you can do is turn off your mobile data and turn it back on to refresh your connection. Ann154 gave a great option to try.

Are there any other questions or concerns we can assist you with?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes