Here is the swap answer for N7 - What about VZW online purchases?
jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand where it is that VZW expects those of us who purchased N7's through them online to just return our defective device! I've been following and searching for days just to get this update which still doesn't include online pre-orders. I'm beyond frustrated as are so many. Come on VZ, you can do better than this! Make an official statement as to how we are to return devices that were shipped to us. Shall I just go out on my porch and throw the defective device in the air and hope that one will come back to me? We purchased two of these N7's and we all deserve much better treatment for an issue that is not the fault of your customers. Seriously, please get it together. It's awful that all of the inquiry's on this forum which is moderated by VZW customer service only have ONE reply. ONE! Get it together VZ, we as loyal long time customers deserve better than what you've put out there. Or HAVEN'T put out there. ... smh

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced that Samsung is recalling its Galaxy Note7 Smartphones and told consumers to "immediately stop using and power down" the recalled Note7 devices purchased before 9/15/16. On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsung's new Note 7 will be available. Verizon strongly advises that you replace your current Note7 with a new Note 7. Verizon is waiving the restocking fee when you return or exchange the device to the location you purchased it from. For your inconvenience, Samsung is providing $25 off any accessory or a $25 bill credit. Learn more at www.Samsung.com/us/note7recall/ or http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Samsung-Recalls-Galaxy-Note7-Smartphones/

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Here is the swap answer for N7 - What about VZW online purchases?
lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

The last thing we ever want to do is leave an unsafe device in a customer's hands, habana. Let's ensure you can get your exchange right away. Our corporate stores are being equipped with sufficient stock to handle all the exchanges that are necessary as early as today. You can stop into any location to get a new device, and have your data transferred over. What is your zip code so we can find the closest location to you?

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

IncredibleJedi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your quickest and safest bet for doing a direct exchange is likely going to your nearest corporate store when the new N7's arrive, and then just doing a direct exchange. There will likely be an option to ship back out old N7 device, but I don't think those details have been hammered out specifically, yet.

If you're able to make it over to a corporate store, I would go that route. As inconvenient as it may be, it gives me peace of mind knowing that I am dealing directly with staff over having things out of my hands for a couple of days. I imagine it does for a few others as well. Samsung likely has shipped more than enough stock to their carriers for replacement devices as they want to do exchanges and allow other customers to purchase new N7 devices to turn around their losses as quickly as possible.

To confirm that the corporate store you chose has N7's available for exchange, you may call up that local store, and then press "3" when the automated system kicks in, which will then transfer you to the store directly.

jdmnd2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, most appreciated. I was thinking that will be the best way to go and if for some reason we are refused we'll have to find another route. We are in Southern Maine and there aren't a whole lot of choices for Corp. stores but fortunately their is one within reasonable distance.

0 Likes
habana
Enthusiast - Level 2

The website tells me to call the 800 number and ask for the replacement since they are not maling the replacement unless you request another note7. The 800 mumber tells me that I have to wait until the 21 to put the order and the corporate store tells that they don't know if they are going to get enough units or color. NOW THEY ALSO TELLS ME THAT THEY WILL NOT HELP IN TRANSFERRING THE INFORMATION FROM THE OLD ONE TO THE REPLACEMENT AND I HAVE TO SURRENDER THE OLD ONE AT THAT MOMENT. SO I WILL LOSE ALL THE INFORMATION THAT IS NOT IN THE CLOUD. I RETIRED FROM VZ AFTER  30 YEARS AND THIS IS NOT THE OLD VZ. SHAME

MATTressInsptr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Verizon employee accounts on Friday 9/16/16.  I was told I must call Verizon on 9/21/16 and request an  exchange. New one will be sent and  I will return defective one one it is received. 

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

I pre-ordered my Note 7 online also and was as confused as you are because we were getting NO information. After many calls and quite a bit of BOGUS information this is was what I did. First deal with a Corporate Store (just because it has a Verizon sign doesn't mean it is Corporate). Make sure you have all of the stuff that came in the box together with the phone and take it to the Corporate Store. You can trade it in there for a new phone or refund. I turned in mine and got the S7Edge temporarily until the Note 7 is released again. There are NO LOANER phones, you will pay the monthly fee on the phone you get. Supposedly the new phones will be available on Wednesday the 21st, I just got off the phone with the store and they told me they have gotten no news and no directions as of yet on the Note 7.

0 Likes
MATTressInsptr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update from my 9/18/16 post 

I decided to call  this morning to see what was up even though I was told to call on 9/21/16. 

Rep was very nice .. She credited my account for cost of phone. She said she couldn't put though order for new phone today but will call me on Wednesday 9/21/16  @ 8:00 AM   to finish transaction with me.. 

Happy with call 

0 Likes
sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

So is this solution available only for VZW employees? When I've spoken with customer service via phone and chat, the only option I was offered was to go to a corporate store even though I ordered online. Called both of my stores within a 50 mile radius and both told me that "there is no word on when the replacements might be available and we have no set date". I informed them of the Verizon statement that I received via text on 9/15 stating they would be available on the 21st and they said, "huh, we haven't heard anything." Almost word for word from both stores. I asked if I could get on a list for notification and was looking for a replacement for my blue Note and each sort of chuckled and said "good luck. We rarely got any in blue and just one or two per shipment", thus me ordering it online. Would be great if we all could exchange the same way.

PMDEL844

sztheday2006, I called VZW on Friday and was told there would be no shipping out of replacement N7s for anyone (like me) that ordered online.  The rep said the phone wasn't safe to mail back, so I had to go into the store.  Now, NO ONE has said the phone explodes from a powered off, cold state - so this statement is ludicrous on its face.  I avoid VZW stores at all costs; have never had a satisfactory experience and a visit is always very time consuming.  That is why I order online. The VZW recall statements all say to return the way you obtained your phone - so for me, that is online.

Are you a VZW employee, or did you do anything specific to reach a rep that gave you this info?  I'd like to call back and deal with an equally well informed VZW rep, but there is no guarantee you will reach one when you call in randomly.

Thanks.

0 Likes
lynne_vzw
Verizon Employee

The last thing we ever want to do is leave an unsafe device in a customer's hands, habana. Let's ensure you can get your exchange right away. Our corporate stores are being equipped with sufficient stock to handle all the exchanges that are necessary as early as today. You can stop into any location to get a new device, and have your data transferred over. What is your zip code so we can find the closest location to you?

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!