Re: Hey Verizon. You have nothing to upgrade the note 7 to.
mama23dogs
Legend

ROYEVE47 wrote:

[Removed].

"Just "return it" really...how is that...Verizon hasn't sent out the boxes REQUIRED for shipping by the shipping services. So in your informed opinion how long should someone wait for this...while having a potentially dangerous device.

Second this is also carriers responsibility as well. We are Verizon customers and they are Samsung customers. All carriers are going to be compensated for their costs by Samsung. We want Verizon to be able to give us the opportunity to get a device that is actually comparable not older technology.

Please think about your responses to people who are having a horribly different time with this .

Inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

The returns are not being handled correctly.  The request was to physically take back to the place of purchase.  Now Verizon is sending "fireproof" boxes.  Some Verizon locations are not refunding as ATT, T-mo, and Sprint are, and charging restock fees they will then have to try to get refunded. 

My answer may have been simplistic, but if you don't want to sink $650-750 into a phone you didn't want - don't.  Borrow someone else's old phone, Pick up one of the cheapo's and wait for a better phone, whatever. 

I ordered a Pixel.   I just sold my 6p, which you could spend half your refund to buy on eBay or Amazon.

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

You bought a Pixel and SOLD your 6p?

sorry......

mama23dogs
Legend

tschmalz wrote:

also, the LG v20 looks like poo. Nowhere close to the ascetics or hardware features of the Note 7

LOL.  Poo!   I agree.  I actually liked the look of the V10.  But certainly not the shiny jewel of the last 2 years of Samsung. 

I actually like a more industrial look.  Someone called my GS6 a term Verizon will edit out, but pleasing in a feminine sort of way, if you get my drift.   I don't really like doing a 360 fingerprint removal every 10 minutes. 

The Note 4 was a nice build.  I like a phone you could brain a mugger with. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

tschmalz wrote:

You bought a Pixel and SOLD your 6p?

sorry......

I pray I don't regret it.    I also sold my Note 3, bought a note 4.  Liked the build, but the phone was faulty and I hated it.  Bought a used Note 3 and despite the cheap build, it works like an old Jeep.  Can't kill it.

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah the glass thing sucks for fingerprints but looks extra premium. Also the ip68 Dust/Water resistance is so good.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I hear you on the 4..brain a mugger with...I like that Smiley Happy

I have to put kudos to the 4 as well.  I have a horse who decided that picking up my phone was fun..as was dropping it onto the concrete passageway outside his stall.  Not a scratch or ding and that was only with a simple case.  I upgraded the case later to something much more substantial but also kept it out of horse nose reach.

Huggyjd28
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called my local Verizon corporate store. Before I could even speak to a live person, there was a recording stating if I was calling about the Note 7 return, please return online. As they would not be handling the exchange. Verizon does not have much to offer as far as phones right now. Iphones are on backorder, pixel looks cheap and old fashioned and no LGV20 yet.  I guess ill hold on to my note 7 till they pry it from my hands or remotely shut it off or whatever. Unless something comes out better. Im not waisting my "upgrade"on a "downgrade"

gatorsrise7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pixel is only ip53.

0 Likes
SAMOEDADDY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very disappointed in all of this. The Note 5 is the only phone that is similar, however they are charging for the Note 5 like it is brand new. If the Note 7 was still viable they wouldnt be able to charge the prices for Note 5 as they are. I also traded my Note 5 for a Note 7 and lost a half year of payments, only to turn around and buy another Note 5? Very unsetting.

0 Likes
Huggyjd28
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea. I know what you mean. I had an s7edge. I made 6 payments on it and then paid $300 to edge up to the note 7. Now i may be forced into upgrading (downgrading) back into a new s7edge. Course ill loose the $300 . Very unfair.