Re: Hey Verizon. You have nothing to upgrade the note 7 to.
mama23dogs
Legend

They can't tell me they don't have plenty of Note 5 they could dig out and unload at cost.  They can write that off.  

I have noticed none of the carriers are suggesting a solution and all are having the same discussion. 

0 Likes
Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is why I had to go back to my Note 3. Everything else out there is a downgrade compared to the Note 7. I am NOT paying $700+ on a phone I don't really want.

S7 Edge? No pen, only 32GB, no USB-C AND it still costs basically the same as the MUCH better Note 7.

Iphone 7 plus? Good lord no.

Pixel XL? No pen, No wireless charging, No SD Card support, Ugly as hell build.

LGv20? No pen, No wireless charging. Ugly as hell build.

I am going to wait another year (if my old phone holds out) and get a Note 8 (or whatever they end up calling it).

RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gabbo, I have to agree with most of what you said. The one thing I can't agree with is that the V20 is ugly. It's a great looking phone. It looks premium and it also stands out. I'm definitely going to miss the stylus. The wireless charging is nice but I didn't use it with my Note 4 for the almost two years I had it, as the wireless back wouldn't fit in an OtterBox. That said, I'm looking forward to having a removable battery again and it will be really nice to get my IR blaster back, as I used it almost daily. Add to those things that useful little secondary screen which, in my opinion, is a suitable replacement for the edge features on the Note 7 and the fact that it's geared toward music lovers, and I'm actually more excited for the V20 than I was the upgrade to the Note 7 from my Note 4. I'm very much looking forward to that quad DAC setup, as it's designed to work well with high impedance headphones. Maybe I can finally get good sound out of my Audio-Technica M50Xbl headphones without using a portable headphone amp.

tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Exactly what i was thinking too:

LG V20 could be the closest if really have to: But too bad, with all you've listed, here's another one:

Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery

....that's exactly the same battery capacity on my 3 yrs old SamsungNote3!

0 Likes
SAMOEDADDY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now looking at a New Nexus 6 for $230 to take place of my Note 7 until something good comes out!!

0 Likes
RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tc2013, that may be the case but you also have to keep in mind that newer hardware is also more efficient. Did you know the new Mustang GT has 435 horsepower but still gets 25 highway mpg? Can't say the same for older models.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

My sister and brother in law bought this phone.  It's a nice build (see my coment "phone I can brain a mugger with") plenty of real estate and running Nougat. 

Google made a "parody" video.  I will see if I can find it for giggles.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Here it is!  Google parody of the Nexus 6.  I would call it more of a tribute to a phone with killer specs, even 2 years later.

Video: This Nexus 6-Pixel parody reminds us that old phones can still rock ! - YouTube