Hi, can i unlock my device to use in Saudi Arabia?
huthifah

my sim card work very well, but my contacts should be in global format(+966) to call and my data can't be activated.

what to do?

0 Likes
Re: Hi, can i unlock my device to use in Saudi Arabia?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Huthifah,

Using your phone while traveling is key. It’s always best to have the security that you have a phone to use when you need it. With your concerns about your calls and data not working, let’s look into this deeper to see what’s going on.  

Are you using the Verizon SIM card or are you using a Saudi Arabian SIM card in the phone? Are you getting an error message when trying to make calls or use data? Can you check to ensure your data roaming is turned on: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-69306/  As it should be set to “Allow All.” Keep us posted on the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
huthifah

You see,

I'm using a Saudi Arabia sim card

The data is working now after reset the APN

but no 4G

Only 3G

The call working but have to put (+966) before the number to make call

Other wise, it think I'm calling a number in America and put (+1) before number automatically and say invalid number

I heard the only to solve this is unlocking the device or waiting about 2 years until the contract end

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Huthifah,
You came to the right place. With the service in Saudi Arabia, the data speeds would be dependant upon the cellular network/service who provided you with the SIM card. With the calls being placed however, the country code would be required but you can also re-program the numbers in your contacts list to have this already applied. As far as unlocking the device, all 4G LTE devices are unlocked and able to use another country's SIM card. All good there.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes