Horrible service to none and 1k cancellation
emcintire

I left Sprint after 10yrs of good phone service because of the promise of "Verizon's fast internet and good coverage area". Ever since we joined our service has been spotty even though we are in what is supposed to be your 4G lte service area. Things have gone from bad to worse as I can no longer communicate with my husband when he is at work. My husband is law enforcement so he NEEDs reliable service. I just got off the phone with your techs and my husband work area and our home are in your best service areas. Then why are our phones not working. Our other 2 phones were given to my elderly father and mother in law which are 75 & 80. As emergency phones I no longer feel confident your service will work when needed.

I have attached screenshots of me at home trying to chat with my husband who is at work. We had to hang up because we couldn't hear each other due to bad service. His phone shows no signal and "no signal found for mobile networks error". I on the other hand 20minutes away at our home have 0 bars!!!!! Shame on you Verizon charging people 1k to terminate contracts for people whose service you aren't even providing. My bill is almost twice of that I had with Sprint. I don't mind paying more as long as my service is reliable which you guys apparently aren't. My brother who has Verizon as well gets 1 bar at my house if lucky with 3g internet. So much for my 4glte.

I have setup my disconnect date and will be switching back to sprint. Verizon get your act together!!!!

Attachments containing private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Horrible service to none and 1k cancellation
emcintire

Forgot to add that my husbands coworkers on sprint are able to use their phones at work... Just not Verizon customers

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately cellular coverage is not a absolute science. Many factors can cause poor signal, scratchy calls or slow data speeds. A simple electronic signal from radio and TV towers, building materials or terrain etc. The lower frequencies are what get through to buildings not the higher bands. It is quite possibly that Sprint uses a different signal I know they use a different technology even though the like Verizon use CDMA it is not comparable.

If service worked prior to you joining verizon wireless, why did you switch? Did you even check out friends or coworkers in your area if they had stable service.

In your case the not verifying coverage and strength of signal has just wasted your money. It is a shame that you now must return to Sprint and lose those Early Termination Fees.

Good Luck

dmcintire956

I switched Elector because at the time Verizon was the only carrier for 4g internet in our area. I live exactly 3 minutes away from a Verizon store. People don't always switch carriers because their phone service is bad. I wanted a smartphone and figured 4g lte would compliment it well. I don't know anyone who has Verizon except my brother whom I recommended switching just for the internet. If everyone needed a friend/coworker here before joining Verizon they would go bankrupt in my area as they are the most expensive carrier and not the most popular.

First off I did verify service worked from my local store which is super close. I did mention that service was spotty in beginning but did work in case you didn't read well. I have had 4 reps over phone telling me I should have great coverage in my home so obviously they are either lying or something is going on.

It's pitiful that there is people like you who believe customers can get robbed for not receiving service by charging them a cancellation fee. Verizon can't just let me use service and once I'm in contract remove my signal from home. How would you like it if all of a sudden a dead spot appeared in your home? Bet you'd be complaining as well. I don't care if my neighbor turns on his microwave or not, I am paying 300+ a month and expect to be able to use my phone in my home which is where I spend all my day.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You seem to be a mite confused. I do not work for verizon so I can sympathize with the ETF's not rejoice in them.

And think for a moment, the signal in the store is going to be perfect. It has to be to rope you in to get service from verizon.

Additionally you know only one person that has verizon? Strange. I know friends and former coworkers that use verizon and if they came to my home and said the service is terrible signal and data wise and mine is perfect, I would say it has to be the device.

Those coverage maps are not 100% accurate. As I said your neighbors microwave could be causing you an issue, but that is probably a long shot.

All I am telling you is that many factors can cause poor signal. Sorry I don't like lying to people.

Your other choice was to go back to Sprint.

Good Luck

0 Likes