Houzz app (NOT RUNNING, NEVER OPENED) used ~2GB of data overnight blowing out my data
mb21

I often get a warning at the end of the cycle that I'm 75% of the way through my data.

That night, while I slept, Houzz decided to use 1.86GB of data, using up the rest of my data and putting me into overage territory.

I installed Houzz, but I've never opened it. I've since removed the app.

Also, the data caps I set on the phone didn't stop Houzz from going over the 2GB data cap I have.

I feel like I'm not responsible for this, and Verizon should be able to look at my account and back out the data usage (It's all at once over night, unless i went on a crazy Houzz binge, it makes no sense).

Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Houzz app (NOT RUNNING, NEVER OPENED) used ~2GB of data overnight blowing out my data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mb21,

That's quite an odd experience with this application. We'd be happy to see if we can provide any additional insights for you.

It's probably a good idea that you removed the app as it sounds like it was malfunctioning. Was the app up to date?

I'd recommend our Family Base service for situations like this where a 3rd party downloaded app may be malfunctioning on your device; vzw.com/familybase.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Houzz app (NOT RUNNING, NEVER OPENED) used ~2GB of data overnight blowing out my data
mb21

Thanks @TrevorC_VZW

Houzz App was up to date.

This happened to my wife, except with the Alarm app (of all things)

What I really need to know is if I will get charged for this bandwidth usage. Apparently I can increase my plan (I don't want to do this) to get a lower rate, however on my bill it seems to say that I'm not over on data in one place, and I am over in another. How do I know for sure?

Is this even the right place to report/dispute this? I can't seem to find another way to communicate with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mb21,

Thanks so much for using the community member forums. We know how concerning unwanted data usage can be. Keep in mind that you'll only want to pay attention to the data usage shown in your My Verizon. The Data Usage meter in your phone's settings will not be the same as your actual data, and should only be used as a very rough estimate. It's also possible that the cycle dates in the Settings Data Usage meter can be incorrect for your actual billing period. This will cause your numbers to be way off. Which number are you basing your use off of?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mb21

Looks like I'm 1.426 GB over my limit.

This is upsetting, not only did I have a data cap set, this is either an android or a app bug that caused the 1.86gb of usage.

Can you inspect my account to confirm? I have screen shots from my phone:Screenshot_2016-03-07-11-22-26.png

it says removed, because I uninstalled Houzz immediately.

Please help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mb21,

We can definitely take a look at your account for you. We want to make sure that you're getting the best information possible and checking the account will allow us to do that for you. We can't do that through the forums, as they're public. If you can reach out to us through any of the other options here: http://vz.to/1PmNciG we'll be happy to assist with a thorough review.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes