How Do We STOP ".... Is Typing Notification...?"
MarFur_0200
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Note 8, and my Sig O has a Samsung Galaxy 9+. Although, we both have the typing notification disabled, we're both able to see when the other is typing. The Sig O is listed in my favorites list because we're kinda in love, but.... The typing notifications are annoying. It really doesn't happen with others. What's a possible problem and solution?

0 Likes
Re: How Do We STOP ".... Is Typing Notification...?"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MarFur_0200,

Making sure you have your notification settings just the way you need them to be is fundamental. Let's get to the bottom of why you are able to see when the other person is typing. To make sure we are both on the same page, I have a couple of questions to ask of you. What application are you using to text message? There is a yellow/gold icon that is Samsung's application that comes pre-installed, and there is Verizon Messages+ which is red with white conversation bubbles in it.

Also, you mentioned this only happens with this one particular contact, would you happen to know what application they are using? We look forward to getting these notifications for typing turned off for you.

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MarFur_0200
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for responding. We both use Verizon's Message+ on the Note 8 and Sam Galaxy 9+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, MarFur_0200. Let's figure this out, so we can ensure that your settings are working properly. On each device, visit the Play Store and search for Verizon Messages+. If there is an update available, please update the app. If no update is available, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. Once this has been completed on both phones, please update the setting again, and then test to see if the typing notification has disappeared or remains. Keep us posted, and let us know the results, so we can ensure this is resolved for you. 

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes